Bukkit Permissions (The original ones!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Don Redhorse, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Don Redhorse

Hi....

ok after reading http://minecraftnews.sk89q.com/2011/05/the-story-of-bukkit-permissions

I have several questions and perhaps we get some answers and a discussion before it is to late.

a) Is there anything already discussed about bukkit permissions except on sk89q blog?
    b) Will Permissions and GroupManager cease to work?
    c) Will I need a mySQL/SQLLite interface to edit permission?
    d) What will the features be?

I already posted it on the blog webpage, the permissions implementation lags atm, and as nothing specific has been posted about the bukkit permissions (at least how they work from the admin side) I would like to see some improvements being done.

Database support may be ONE, but without a nice way to manage it it is NOT an option for the beginning. You can't expect people to setup mysql and a webfrontend just to edit permissions.

And leaving that aside how will the permissions work?

The way atm to put the users and groups together for every world isn't a good way. There can only be ONE user with a given name on a server and there might be several groups in perhaps different worlds perhaps with different rights (permissions) on the server.

So dividing users and groups into separate "files" and referencing the groups from the user makes the most sense.

So I ask the question again:

so any ROUGH idea when build in permissions are ready and how they will look like?
    will it be ONE user.yml per user and one world.yml per world, so that the user.yml can reference groups in the world.yml in the form of world.admins, anotherworld.guests ?
    Could you guys give us a better idea what to except when you have finished the framework and start getting rid of the bugs?

(stupid copy wrangling of fonts and size.....)

Also if it is only sqllite and mssql, how will we be able to edit permissions without a webfrontend? Per sql statements or only ingame?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.