BUKKIT Piston Bug [solved]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by feildmaster, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

feildmaster

I am going to be pretty clear on this one. I have already submitted it to Leaky, but it is clear not much time is put into that site. Or you're too busy updating bukkit to look at it, which is fine.

Reason was explained to me by DinnerBone... So I'll just have to wait for a patch for it. (its API is not coded)

(Sorry, my video recorder isn't working, so you'll have to live with screenshots)
    Setting Pistons with byte 0x8, does the following: (doesn't move the head)
    (on) (head disappears)
    [​IMG]
    (off) (head reappears)
    [​IMG]
    (the power is being sent over "QuantumConnectors" [this build not released yet])

When you set 0x8 on the head as well as the body you get the following:
    (on) (head disappears)
    [​IMG]
    (off) (head retracting animation)
    [​IMG]

I don't know what this tells you, BUT this tells me that byte 0x8 isn't supposed to be "isSticky" for the head, it's supposed to be "isPowered," and you're supposed to power the head on the server side, but the current bukkit code switches "sticky."

2. Offline

108ricky

Whoa, this needs to get fixed

3. Offline

feildmaster

The API for pistons is apparently missing in Bukkit. (I'm a bit sad about that really.)

4. Offline

MaosHugeLoad

I don't know if this is known but I set up a piston to break the lever powering it (it was a sticky with stone attatched) and then it broke the lever and was invisible (piston + stone block) I logged off, then logged back on and the server krashes. Not complaining, more warning, it's probably already known.

5. Offline

feildmaster

Did you update your server.jar/exe to 1.7.2?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.