Bukkit server cannot connect PLZ HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DoubleJ343, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DoubleJ343

Hello, I my bukkit server use to work but now I can't even connect. I'm trying to connect using my public ip and port but I hasn't worked after I restored my PC. The only way I can connect is via ipv4 but only I can connect using that. I can't even connect using localhost. I don't even know what happened. PLZ Respond ASAP

2. Offline

FiberSprite

3. Offline

DoubleJ343

4. you leave the server ip blank

5. Offline

DoubleJ343

It doesn't really matter, it still worked with the server ip there before I restored my PC. I use to connect using the public ip and port but it doesn't work now. I can only connect using ipv4. Anyway, it doesn't even work if I leave the ip blank

6. Offline

FiberSprite

You have to port forward. Go into your router/modem and port forward 25565. Then try again

7. Offline

rockinroll99

Or you could have a corrupt world...

8. Offline

DoubleJ343

FiberSprite Well, I'm not really using port forwarding, I use something called utorrent to open the port 25565. I worked fine until I restored my computer :(

9. Offline

FiberSprite

You must port forward through your router/modem to use a server. UTorrent wont work it doesnt open it through your router/modem
    DoubleJ343

10. Offline

DoubleJ343

FiberSprite Just so you know, UTorrent did work and I was able to join and so did my friends but after I restored my computer and reinstalled UTorrent, it didn't work any more for some reason

11. Offline

DoubleJ343

12. Offline

FiberSprite

13. Offline

DoubleJ343

FiberSprite The only reason I use to use Utorrent to portforward is that I port forwarded and it didn't work, by the way, I use a D link router. And I searched up how to portforward on a d link router and It still didn't work. by the way, it was port forwarded way before I started this thread

14. Offline

cshada97

There is no alternative. you have to port forward through the router. not uTorrent. what has most likely happened is that when you restored your PC the port that was open for your previous IP address is still open, but the restore has set your PC to a different number. This is because the router assigns a number for each device connected, like an ID card, or license, your old address may have been xxx.xxx.x.2 but now it could be xxx.xxx.x.3 | the number could change every time you restart the PC. unless you have a static IP to the router. go to www.portforward.com it's the best place for you. they even have an all in one tool that could fix all of your problems.

15. Offline

DoubleJ343

cshada97 Like I said earlier, no matter what method I do to port forward, it never works, not even once. So I did what you said, I went to www.portforward.com and look up a guide for the exact model router I have and I didn't work, I even tried to port forward a different port "25566" and it didn't work, I even went tried changing ip address and it still hasn't work. Also, I couldn't find the "All in one tool" so can you send me a link to download

16. Offline

DoubleJ343

cshada97 FiberSprite by the way, you were wrong. I fixed my server, and did not port forward. Used utorrent and it works XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.