Bukkit server help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Orchface, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Orchface

I have been trying to run a bukkit serveron my Windows 7 computer without a host, file manager, etc. I have created a vanilla server and would like to make it a Bukkit server. I read the entire "Setting up a server" article on BukkitWiki and was able to do nothing. I followed the Java guide exactly and I get the same response. "'java' is not recognized as an inernal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Here is a screenshot of my 'Minecraft Server' directory.

[​IMG]

As you can see, I renamed my CraftBukkit JAR file to bukkit.jar. I did read that the code pasted into the BAT file had to match the JAR file name. I did change this, and still get the same response from the command prompt.

[​IMG]

I have tried editing the BAT file with many different codes. I tried the original, one with the file name, and with and without the asterisk. I have never edited the first word in this code, which is 'java'. I have tried putting other commands there, none of which have worked.

I have watched many videos on how to do this and have had no success. I followed the guide on the BukkitWiki and followed the Java guide exactly.

Once again, I am using Windows 7 Professional and trying to run a 1.7.10 Minecraft server with the 1.7.9 R0.1 Bukkit build. Please respond if you know the solution to this. I will try any method that might work in the responses.

Thank you.

2. Offline

AGC-Intra

Orchface
    From command prompt try: java -version
    If you get the same error then you need to properly install the java.
    If you want to develop in java I suggest you download and install the java JDK (includes JRE).
    Otherwise you just want the java JRE.
    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/

If typing: java -version, at prompt returns a version number then I'm guessing your Path in System Variables is not set.
    To set the path this past forum post should help, https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/h...-internal-command-or-external-command.139263/

3. Offline

saiismad823

Try this in your batch file:

If you are using 64-bit java7 on a 64-bit Windows OR 32-bit java7 on 32-bit windows.
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -jar bukkit.jar -o true

If you are using 32-bit java7 on a 64-bit Windows
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -jar bukkit.jar -o true

IF you are using java6 than replace \jre7\ with \jre6\

Let me know how that goes.

4. Offline

Orchface

Thanks so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.