Bukkit "spawn-protection" Broken

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lilplayah101, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lilplayah101

Craftbukkit version: 1.4.6-R0.1 (Build #02553)
    Description: On a brand new Craftbukkit server running no plugins, the "spawn-protection" option in the server.properties file has no effect. On the server I was testing on, the "spawn-protection" was set to 16, yet being not an Op, I could still break blocks at the spawning location.

I normally would use the bukkit.yml file to set the spawn-radius, but that was removed as of 1.4.5-R1.0 (Build #02543) [LINK].

Please let me know what I am doing wrong, or if this is an actual bug.

2. Offline

skylord_will

Read the commits they removed that feature. I recommend World Guard. Not very lightweight but Simple Effective and Loded with Features.

3. Offline

Lilplayah101

So there is no vanilla spawn protection?

4. Offline

ObsidianFire99

Thanks for this. My spawn-protection worked, I didn't want spawn protection and everyone was telling me to change the spawn-radius in bukkit.yml, but i didn't have one. I set spawn-protection to 0 and it worked!
    Thanks, Obsid

5. Offline

mbil

Just had the wierdest waste of time, with excat this problem.
    I spent 2 hours figuring out what I did wrong, and I can only come to the conclusion that its a bug.

I ran 1.4.7 with PermissionsEx 195 (lastest) and jcommands - notthing more
    Everything worked just fine until I started to clean up my permissions and op's
    When I moved my Op-users from ops.txt and added them to the permissions groups instead, the spawnprotection stopped working !!
    I couldnt figure it out - it works while I had users op'ed !
    So when I deop'ed the last user - and the ops.txt was now empty and 0-byte in size - the spawn-protection DO NOT WORK !
    I added a dummy-user as op, in the ops.txt - and wupti ! Spawn protection now works again !

So I guess outher might need this info, to save time !

khamseen_air likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.