BukkitGUI 1.6.4, cant connect to server. Hamachi used

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Frozticon, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Frozticon

Hey

I tried setting up a server now with craftbukkit 1.6.4 and bukkitGUI 1.6.4. Got everything running smoothly it seems, but i cant find the server. The console said that (put server ip and port here) has lost connection.

I used the IP i got from Hamachi. Am i doing something wrong then?

2. Offline

tcvs

Frozticon it might be something to do with hamachi.... Just port forward it will make your life much easier in the end.

3. Offline

SleepyDog

No-one here will help with Hamachi, Port Forwarding is really easy and simple to do. If you would like help PORT FORWARDING add me on skype: sleepydog935.

4. Offline

Frozticon

Thanks for answer guys, got this fixed really fast. But i have another issue i hope you can help me with, about something completely different.

I have Essentials, Essentials chat and GroupManager installed. I have put myself in the group Owner and therefore i should have all permissions. But, i cant use any commands at all, i just get the message "you do not have access to that command". And that dont make any sense, since i have all the permissions and is at top position in the ranking system....

tcvs
    SleepyDog

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  5. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

Yea, the owner group means nothing. If you are using hamachi, I'm assuming it's just for you and your friends. just OP yourself
    OP yourAccountName in the console

6. Offline

Frozticon

Yeah, its only for me and my friends. I have off-course made myself an OP, but not by using the in-game chat, since i cant use any commands there... And even as an OP, i cant use commands, so i dont know whats going on..

7. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

Frozticon, that's fairly strange
    Open the ops file in your server and see if you're name is in there.

8. Offline

Frozticon

9. Offline

SleepyDog

Some commands don't just take op. It's doesn't matter where you are on the ranking level the name of a group means nothing. Do '/manuaddp <Yourname> *' or do '/mangaddp Owner *'

10. Offline

Frozticon

SleepyDog The ranking system en Essentials groups has to matter, since you what commands you are able to use depends on if you are Admin or just a Default player that just joined...

But anyway, when i try those commands, i also has tho enter the permissions i want the player to have. Now, this would take forever, having to add one and one permission, and besides, even when having added some permissions, i still get the message "do do not have access to that command".....

No one else that might have a clue?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

SleepyDog

Calling a group 'OWNER' does not mean you get all permissions. Go into console and do '/mangaddp Owner *' this will give the owner ALL permissions.

12. Offline

Frozticon

SleepyDog, well can you tell me what the groups are for then? Because from everything i have read, you specify what commands and stuff people in the different groups get by editing the groups and user file. Im having a hard time believing that they made it that way, just so it could not make sense.

When i tried your command in the console, i got the message that i allready have access to that permission, which again makes sense because of how the groups are set up. But, it doesent work now either

13. Offline

SleepyDog

I have just misunderstood what you are doing. You said 'Owner is at the top of the ranking level so should have all permissions.' that statement was wrong. That is what got me confused. Could i see a full list of plugins. Do any of the groups have the permission '-*' or '-' something else. This would block permissions. I would not recommend that you do the permissions in the files. Instead make them ingame. /mangsetv <group> prefix <prefix> ect...

14. Offline

Frozticon

Shouldent be that wrong to say that, but anyway.
    Full list of plugins: Essentials, Essentials Chat, GroupManager, v10lift, Wireless redstone, World Edit, World Guard.

The owner group has this permission, '*', but how can that block permissions when it says it is to give the group ALL the permissions?

15. Offline

JaguarJo

Frozticon Could you show us your groups.yml file? If we could see what you already have then maybe we can figure out why it isn't working. It could be you have a formatting problem or something like that.

16. Offline

Frozticon

Groups and file under.

Groups: https://www.dropbox.com/s/syzwtc1tgk1gmtt/groups.yml?dl=0
    Users: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmsu5tyobe4vp5b/users.yml?dl=0

Groups.yml
    # Group inheritance
    #
    # Any inherited groups prefixed with a g: are global groups
    # and are inherited from the GlobalGroups.yml.
    #
    # Groups without the g: prefix are groups local to this world
    # and are defined in the this groups.yml file.
    #
    # Local group inheritances define your promotion tree when using 'manpromote/mandemote'

groups:
    Default:
    default: true
    permissions:
    - -bukkit.command.kill
    inheritance:
    - g:groupmanager_default
    - g:bukkit_default
    - g:essentials_default
    - g:towny_default
    info:
    prefix: '&e'
    build: false
    suffix: ''
    Owner:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - +vanish.effects.toggle.all
    - -vanish.effects.*
    - '*'
    inheritance:
    - admin
    info:
    prefix: '&e[Owner]'
    build: true
    suffix: '&b'
    Builder:
    permissions: []
    inheritance:
    - g:essentials_builder
    - g:towny_builder
    info:
    prefix: '&2'
    Moderator:
    permissions: []
    inheritance:
    - builder
    - g:groupmanager_moderator
    - g:bukkit_moderator
    - g:essentials_moderator
    - g:towny_moderator
    - g:vanish_moderator
    info:
    prefix: '&5'
    Admin:
    permissions:
    - '*'
    inheritance:
    - g:groupmanager_admin
    - g:bukkit_admin
    - g:essentials_admin
    - g:towny_admin
    - g:vanish_admin
    info:
    prefix: '&c[Admin]'

17. Offline

AGC-Intra

Frozticon
    Under the permissions for your Owner group add, - Essentials.*
    Verify ingame you are under the Owner group/rank. (ie: prefix in chat shows Owner?)

18. Offline

Frozticon

AGC-Intra Added the permission you said, still with no success :(

Checked in-game, and yes my prefix shows that i am in the Owner group.

19. Offline

AGC-Intra

Looks good to me. Sorry I can't help more if you're just using GroupManager, I have no experience with that setup.
    Personally I would get rid of GroupManager and use a Permissions plugin like PEX or bPermissions.

20. Offline

Frozticon

AGC-Intra Im up for chaning the plugin, dont get me wrong. I just need to make sure that whatever i use, works with WorldEdit and stuff, so only the people i choose can build in restricted zones. I also want an option for pre-fixes, so if PEX or bPermissions can do that, i wont even doubt changing it.

21. Offline

AGC-Intra

Those two permissions plugins I mentioned are widely used and you shouldn't have issues with other plugins when using them.
    To make sure permissions/economy/etc plugins play nice with each other it's always a good idea to have the Vault plugin running as well.

22. Offline

Frozticon

Il check them out then. is there any specific of those two you would say is better than the other one?

Oh, and one more thing: Changing to lets say PEX, that mean i can remove all of the Essentials plugins right?

Ok, so i have installed PEX and Vault, trying to set groups and stuff there, but it doesent seem like that work either. I set the groups exactly as their guide said, i only changed the names of them. Came to the prefix part, and i didnt have prefix. Will dig deeper into it, try to use the file itself to set groups.

WHY IS THE PERMISSIONS SO FUCKING DIFFICULT TO FIX?!!?!

fucking had it now, been trying to get the damn permission to be correct for a week...... AND IT STILL DOESENT WORK.

This is not what i returned to MC for. Its fucking annoying

23. Offline

JaguarJo

Yeah, I didn't see a problem with your groups file either. Not sure why it wasn't giving you permissions. GroupManager is generally pretty reliable for people, so there must've been something we were all overlooking.

The only part of Essentials that you would need to remove if you switch to PEX is the GroupManager part. The rest of Essentials (economy, chat, basic commands, all of that) works really well with PEX. Sure you could remove it all, but if you want the functionality of it, you might as well keep it.

Some of the PEX guides might be a little outdated with their formatting. The most recent versions of the plugin changed where some of the sections go in the file and that has confused some people. Also, PEX requires you to have a chat plugin if you want the prefixes you set in the file to actually show up. So like, if you still have EssentialsChat, the prefixes should work, but if you don't have a chat plugin at all or you don't have it configured, then they won't.

Here's a quick example of where the sections have been moved to for recent PEX versions:
    Code:
    groups:
      Group1:
        permissions:
        - nodes.go.here
        options:
          default: true
          prefix: ''
      Group2:
        permissions:
        - more.nodes
        inheritance:
        - Group1
        options:
          prefix: ''
    Yep. Gets really annoying when you can't figure out what is causing the problem. Especially when you've been working at it for a long time. Just hang in there and eventually you'll get the kinks worked out. Take a break from it for a while if you need to. Sometimes that helps you notice things you didn't see before.

24. Offline

Frozticon

JaguarJo So, ive had a break from this annoying issue, and tried again today. Removed plugins, installed Essentials, Essentials chat and GroupManager again. Got everything except the basic commands like /help /time set and so forth. I am OP, and in the Owners group. I should have all the permissions, but it still dont work....

Pastebin with users and groups files text.

Users: http://pastebin.com/MFR8YzYz

Groups: http://pastebin.com/CEAMxpmN

25. Offline

PolarCraft

By default groupmanager comes with the groups default, builder, moderator, admin, and owner.

26. Offline

JaguarJo

Frozticon Well your file formatting looks like it should be working. When you start the server, are there any errors in the startup log? Like maybe one of your plugins isn't loading correctly? EssentialsAntibuild can sometimes give those "you don't have access" messages, but according to your groups setup you should already have the perms to bypass that, so I would guess the problem is somewhere else. Are you sure you've got compatible versions of Essentials and GroupManager for your server's version of CraftBukkit? There are probably some other things you could check...but I can't think of any more right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.