Can die in creative.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nerdfuryz, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Offline

Nerdfuryz

This sounds a little difficult, but I might be willing to give you a "prize" if you catch my drift.
    Basically this plugin has it so you can die in creative from a player and mobs but not lava and fall damage. When a creative person dies they drop their inventory in their survival not creative. The people in creative cannot pvp however, and I would enjoy it very much if you could make it so they lose faction power.

No commands

No permissions

Is this possible? My skype is brmd_sloop1

2. Offline

llamasaylol

In creative dig straight down all the way through bedrock at the bottom, make sure you are not flying, fall into the void and die. Now can I get my prize of grass?
    Sorry for this troll I'm just bored :)

Anyway, from the point of a developer this would be hard as pain is not even registered when a user is in creative mode (unless I just haven't noticed that it is...). So it would require them to have to check all the pain giving scenarios and act upon them (with a virtual health as the health bar is removed client side) or they would have to graphically add the creative GUI when the user accesses their inventory (but keep them in survival mode) (could be done by switching game mode just as they open their inventory, then back once they close it).

tl;dr this would be very hard.

3. Offline

Vandrake

I made this.
    The health bar is removed but not the health. They still have health/hunger/air and satiation. It's just not visible

4. Offline

llamasaylol

You are a better man than me then :p Gratz man.

5. Offline

Vandrake

This is not a competition. I won't mind showing the code so you can learn a thing or two.

6. Offline

llamasaylol

Unless the entity damage even is still called in creative then I can not think of a short method. If it is still called then it should be easier than I was making it out to be, just keep it virtually like you did.

7. Offline

Vandrake

Nope. IT's not called.

8. Offline

llamasaylol

9. Offline

Vandrake

10. Offline

llamasaylol

Ahh that's quite cheeky :p Thanks I have acquired a greater knowledge.
    Submit the plugin to the other thread anyway, just to make yourself look good :p

Vandrake likes this.
  11. Offline

Vandrake

Btw this did not incllude the new change, which checks if the entity on projectile hit is not the same as the shooter so yeah...

12. Offline

llamasaylol

I didn't even think of that when checking the code :p. You are a great thinker, I hope you have fun with your future endeavors and that our paths shall meet again some time. Thanks man.

Vandrake likes this.