Cause of rollbacks (Can't keep up! ...)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Pingusman, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pingusman

Hi,

I have a bukkit server in 1.7.2-R0.3 and i get a lot of rollbacks as you can see below
    The rollbacks are exactly in the same time that this kind of warning :

There is no lag on the server for the rest of the time, but sometime, maybe every 2 or 5 min we get a freeze, and a small rollback of 5/10s

Most of the time the cpu is quiet, with less than 10%, and when a rollback appear everything is at 100% for 2 or 3 seconds. I don't know if it's the cause or the consequence

I notice that the rollbacks are more frequent and longuer when there is more players on the server so i don't think this is a bug with a plugin, but maybe something not optimized in bukkit or in a plugin, or a conflict ?

Hardware : Xeon E3-1245 3.4Ghz (8 cores), 32G RAM (16G used by bukkit), SSD

Plugins (52): Kits, Buycraft, Vault, pvpstats, Multiverse-Core, dynmap, AutoMessage, Disabler, ChestCommands, ProtocolLib, HolographicDisplays, MobArena, HideStream, WorldEdit, FarmProtect, Multiverse-Inventories, AutoShutdown, WhiteMessage, PermissionsEx, JSONAPI, HealthBar, DACv2, PVPStatsScoreboard, CookieMonster, WorldGuard, AntiCheat, ReportRTS, pvparena, BKCommonLib, RedstoneClockDetector, Lockette, Stats, Herochat, CustomMobs, Essentials, Orebfuscator, Multiverse-Portals, TNTRun, NoLagg, ChestShop, EssentialsChat, BattleArena, WGCustomFlags, SimpleRegionMarket, EssentialsSpawn, ArenaSpleef, VanishNoPacket, NoEnderpearl, EssentialsAntiBuild, PayDay, AuthMe, WGRegionEffects

This sunday i tried to disable a lot of plugins, with no success, nothing changed

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

2. Offline

Pingusman

3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Pingusman Well, the rollback is probably causing this, probably a batch rollback and not a staged rollback.

4. Offline

Lolmewn

Try running timings.

5. Offline

Pingusman

Sorry but i don't understand your answers

Batch rollback = launched by bukkit to regulate the delay ? Can we configure this ?

What do you mean by timings ?

6. Offline

Pingusman

7. Timings is a command in bukkit which allows you to record the time each event is taking, which help identify sources of lag :) Use /timings to see the syntax.

8. Offline

Pingusman

9. Offline

Pingusman

10. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Pingusman Remove ChestShop and see if that stops the rollbacks.

11. Offline

Pingusman

DrPyroCupcake

I made a try yesterday

1/ 18:00-18:20 (just after an auto reboot at 18pm) - 40 messages with 16 of more than 100 ticks
    2/ 18:26-18:46 (just before the reboot) - 60 messages with 14 of more than 100 ticks
    3/ 18:46-19:06 (just after the reboot, removing Chestshop) - 12 messages with 2 of more than 100 ticks
    4/ 19:13-19:33 (reboot with chestshop enabled) - 15 messages with 7 of more than 100 ticks

With about 15/20 players online

1 is lower than 2, so it seems that auto reboot is usefull
    3 is lower than 2, so it seems that Chestshop was the problem
    But 3 and 4 are similar, so i'm not sure. Maybe because i say to players that shops where disabled when i removed Chestshop, so they don't use it just after ?

What do you think ?

12. Offline

AGC-Intra

Not quite sure what you are saying here. Did you properly run without ChestShop as asked?
    Remove the ChestShop plugin. Run the server. Is the issue corrected? It's a simple yes or no.
    You may have other issues as well but as far as slowdowns and timings go your ChestShop plugin is out of control. :D

13. Offline

Pingusman

Yes i run my server 20 minutes without chestshop
    1 message "Can't keep up" = 1 rollback
    So i count the number of messages to measure the impact in the game
    Without Chestshop it seems to be better, but after the reboot when i put Chestshop back it was ok also, so i'm not sure
    Maybe i have to try again

14. Offline

AGC-Intra

Why do you get a rollback when your server cant keep up? That is not usual.
    Is this your server or a rented one?
    It seems to be a plugin for sure. The overload builds up then resets and continues that loop over time.
    Any idea what new plugins you installed or updated around the time this started happening?

You can verify if this is a plugin issue for sure by setting up a blank server on 1 .7.2. and see if you get the same issue.

Other than Chestshop I would take a guess at it maybe being AntiCheat.

15. Offline

Pingusman

This is a dedicated server that i rent

Last plugin installed are :
    WGRegionEffects.jar
    Multiverse-Inventories-2.5.jar
    WGCustomFlags.jar
    pvparena.jar
    NoLagg-1.90.4.jar
    BKCommonLib-1.57.jar

But i already try to remove it without success (always rollback)
    I have also replace Anticheat by Nocheatplus without changes

It's not possible to test the same thing with a blank server. Rollbacks come when i have around 20 players online.

16. AGC-Intra I'd say that's pretty much as expected - if the server is taking too long for each tick, then that means something is bogging it down. Problems with all activities that require input from the server (such as player movement) are to be expected in such cases, really.

17. Offline

AGC-Intra

huh, you can have hardware issues or other programs on the system that can cause slowdowns on a server. I've run programs that have caused issues with the normal running of my server. I've had memory overheat which caused odd issues. As well as what is obvious to some is often not obvious for normal users, therefor I dont care how obvious an explanation is, to assume someone knows something is poor technique.

ps. sorry for late reply, bukkits lack of progress has me probably saying goodbye to bukkit.org.

18. Offline

Pingusman

For your information, problem was solved by removing Chestshop
    It was difficult because i didn't find a plugin like it (i took SignShop), but i don't have any rollback now

Thank you for your help with /timings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.