Change Player Nametag

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by rohan576, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rohan576

Hello everyone! I've done a good hour of searching, and no where can I find a way to change the name tag of a player. I suppose you could say I'm stubborn, but I'd like to edit the name tag myself, without an API. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Offline

Shadowwolf97

When you create a plugin that edits a player's name tag. It creates incompatibilities with other plugins. I was in the same boat you are in. I hate using external APIs to get work done. I want to created everything myself. But a friend told me something that changed that completely, 'Why reinvent the wheel? Creating it is a lot of work, if there is a perfectly good wheel ready to use, why make another one?'.

That being said, I really think you should try and use mbaxter 's TagAPI plugin which can be found on BukkitDev. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/tag/

I understand completely why you want to create everything yourself, but sometimes its just not realistic. Its a waste of time really. I hope you use TagAPI as an alternative for a couple of reasons. The first reason is to increase plugin compatibility, and the second reason is to save you some time.

Hope this helps!
    -Shadow.

Gater12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.