Changing "unknown command" *possibly using protocollib* ?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by megasaad44, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

megasaad44

Hello, I need to change the "unknown message type /help..".
    I read somewhere that i needed protocollib otherwise i would have to type like a crapton of code.
    So i got protocol lib and added it to my reference libraries.
    Now could anyone please tell me using SUPER detailed steps on everything i need to do to hook into protocollib and change the unknown message to something else please?
    Oh.. and the changing part wont be in the main class... But i'll make it so if it is completely necessary.

2. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

I am sorry to tell you this, but. You cannot change how to set the help command, the Bukkit.jar file has that message installed to it, unless you can edit and make your own Bukkit.jar, then your fine, other than that, you cannot change the message. Unless you use a Lib or API. That's about all that i know, sorry i could not give you a code or could not help.

3. Offline

megasaad44

mrgreen33gamer Did you skip something?
    I said I'm willing to use protocollib o-o and:

4. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

Lol, i don't learn LIBS or API's, you will have to find that out for your self.

5. Offline

Seadragon91

Little search, look here and a plugin that don't require protollib

6. Offline

DoctorDark

7. Offline

megasaad44

8. Offline

RawCode

invalid.

open bukkit source and check when this message is sent.

check same condifions inside preprocess event.

sent changed message.

specific 3rd party builds not supported, you will get support if decided to mod bukkit on your own.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  9. KingFaris11 Hmm. Well in that case, I'm sure the people who run Bukkit will be more than happy for you to recommend not using their product. :)

10. Offline

megasaad44

KingFaris11 AdamQpzm
    I ain't gonna use spigot. But after hours and hours of research, i looked at that class and was like "screw it!"...
    Thanks for your help. I think bukkit should add that option in the bukkit.yml though...

KingFaris11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.