Inactive [CHAT/ADMN] BukkitLink 1.8.9 - Link to other servers, teleport, chat, and more. [1.2.5-R3.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Cicadia, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Cicadia

[​IMG]
    Version: v1.9 (June 18) | Engine: v2.3 (June 8)​

[​IMG] Download BukkitLink from devBukkit.​
    [​IMG] Visit the Project Page for tutorials and more information.​
    [​IMG] Find others to link to if you're lonely, or post a topic!​
    [​IMG] Email me if you don't want to post on this topic.​

Accepting developers, as well as testers.
    Comment if you're interested! I ask you show your past work in Java if you decide to. Let's make this a big project!

Have you ever wanted to connect to other servers, and share features like server-to-server chat, private messaging, gifting, speaking in channels, and status updates? With BukkitLink, you can. Go ahead, try linking your entire server network's global chat system together, administrating one server from another, or even create cross-server chat channels. It's easy to use, and has been tested extensively.

BukkitLink has gone through a serious change with 1.8. Now, messages are spooled. Lost links are automatically re-established. SHA1 hashing is now SHA256. Your CPU has much less work to do with the CPUMode setting, and custom chat formatting is now available.

I would like to thank Nuka37 for the base of the project idea, ideas, testing, and now programming of the project.

BukkitLink's Features:
    • Server-to-server ("global") chat
    • Server-to-server teleportation
    • Cross-server administration and commanding (see the BLa)
    • Cross-server private messaging
    • News feeds, where you can see updates from a friend's activity on other servers
    • Friends permission system
    • Member-oriented channels
    • Link firewall, VIA IP or Username bans on Bukkit
    • SHA 256-bit hash over passwords
    • Cross-server item gifting
    • See if other's are online in the universe
    • LogBlock logging support.
    Administrate one server from another:

Do you want to extend BukkitLink to send commands to other linked servers? Get the optional BukkitLink admin snap-in for BukkitLink. BukkitLink is a dependancy!

Get the BLa 1.1p - for your 1.2.5 server running BukkitLink.

BukkitLink 1.8 snap-ins.

There's packaged documentation in all the 1.8 releases (/docs folder) that includes the help on the classes. You'll need a java development environment (Eclipse!), the Bukkit API, and the BukkitLink plugin JAR. If you're experienced with Java, it should be easy for you to pick up on it and start coding BukkitLink snap-ins.

Changelog:

Version 1.9:
    • Updated to Craftbukkit 1.2.5-R4.0
    Version 1.8.9:
    • Added LogBlock support.
    • Fixed channel format and creation bugs.
    Version 1.8.8:
    • Updated to craftBukkit 1.2.5-R3.0
    Version 1.8.7:
    • Fix for the Workstation involving DNS.
    • Spout server-to server teleportation.
    Version 1.8.5:
    • Still trying fixes for the recon feature.
    • Fixed the /bl reload bug, outgoing links are reconnected.
    • Patch: Fixed the /gift command; you can now use block IDs.
    A Note on The Development:
    If you are interested in BukkitLink, I would certainly enjoy having help on the plugin's structure. You may apply to become a tester or developer if you're interested. Just comment below and I'll work out the details with you.

Thank you,
    Cicadia.

2. Offline

Adamadz

Cool plugin :)

Dont worry you will find alot of plugin developers and bukkit users around your age, I myself is 15 so don't worry about it. :p

Herobrat likes this.
  3. Offline

Cicadia

Thank you for the support, Adamadz.

Herobrat likes this.
  4. Offline

m_demon

Hello, i'am using the Global Chat Option on two Servers. Currently the Server Fullnames will be displayed in the Chat. Is it possible to make an individual prefix for each Server?

Herobrat likes this.
  5. Offline

Sekonda

This may just be what I'm looking for. Would you mind opening the source up so I can maybe help you with a few things?

Herobrat likes this.
  6. Offline

md_5

@Cicadia
    Approved

MD5 256-bit hash.

May I ask where the md_5 hashes went?

Cicadia likes this.
  7. Offline

Deren909

Its not possible to share global chat is it?

8. Offline

Cicadia

BukkitLink 1.7.1 is out for Bukkit 1.1!

Sorry Deren909, but BukkitLink doesn't support that feature. You can, however, ask a server to link to some others that you are.

m_demon, we used to have the server name specified in the YML config. I may re-enable that, and default to the server's specified name if it's left blank. Thank you for your advice!

Sekonda, Nuka37 and I currently prefer to keep the source closed. Thank you for offering your help, though! :D

Herobrat likes this.
  9. Offline

c0LIn

may there is a List of Server they using BukkitLink ?

10. Offline

Cicadia

Herobrat likes this.
  11. Offline

Herobrat

Awesome plugin.
    very cool for a big server :D

12. Offline

Cicadia

13. Offline

Rickjb39

thx alot for this plugin just what i was looking for:)

14. Offline

f1337_m4573r

Question Does this copy the invs as well or do we need to find a plugin that does that

15. Offline

Cicadia

f1337_m4573r:
    No, this plugin will not copy your inventory from one server to another. That would cause major issues for many servers. Consider it this way: If an event that involves very many valuable items given away on one server, that player could bring over those items to another and disrupt their system. I would incorporate that if it wasn't an issue. If you want to run a server that duplicates multiple worlds and items, I'm sure there's a plugin to do that. BukkitLink is more focused on linking different servers together, not worlds owned by the same host.

16. Offline

f1337_m4573r

Makes sense

Is there a way to get a custom version that links invs from 2 servers

17. Offline

Cicadia

I would enjoy coding that; It would be a challenge.

Currently, there isn't a custom version that will do that. I may make a feature to enable/disable linked inventories. It wouldn't function like you would think it would, though. You'd have to download an inventory from another linked server. BukkitLink is what's called "Peer-to-Peer", where everything is interconnected. If we went a much more complicated route of Server-Client, it would be possible. I don't think Nuka37 and I want to recreate BukkitLink under a completely different model just yet :D. Thank you for the question though, it raises a new idea.

18. Offline

f1337_m4573r

Thanks i would love to see that happen. I would add it in myself but im not skilled enough with java to do it lol

19. Offline

Cicadia

I've begun development on the feature. It's looking like "/inventory [Server name]" will switch your inventory to another server's.

20. Offline

katbc

is there a way to maybe attach the maps but have 2 differnt hosts? if there is it would be amazing becuse me and my friend have slow computers but on are servers we are fast and i have plugins he wants, he has plugins i want. if this is possible plz reply.

what? :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  21. Offline

Cicadia

katbc, I don't think this has been attempted yet. Most games on the internet are hosted in this manner (Take RuneScape, which hosts its data across hundreds of servers). This would be a MASSIVE project, however, and I don't think BukkitLink is nearly at all capable of fully connecting to Bukkit Servers-including maps-together.

Oh, and md_5 is just being funny :p

22. Offline

Mukrakiish

There's some dev talk about it over in the Spout forum about how to make this happen. It is a big project but there is some chatter, if your interested head over there and have a peek.

23. Offline

md_5

Wait, you thought it was funny, didn't you? :p
    I thought it was funny.

24. Offline

Cicadia

Yeah, I did. I sorta moved to SHA1, though... :p

25. Offline

katbc

ok

26. Offline

Craftiii4

Can you warp between servers with a command or portal etc?

27. Offline

Smidds

dude, you're my age, and I'm like "[diamondore] Jeez... I thought I knew more coding then kids my age, but... Dang![diamondore] "
    You're an inspiration to those who are our age, and those who are older! Keep up the good work! ;)

28. Offline

c0LIn

Cicadia
    its says i am not allowed to see that side

29. Offline

ipaqmaster

works awesome!

30. Offline

lol_whut

im not sure what im doing wrong

2012-01-23 22:40:18 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1
    2012-01-23 22:40:18 [INFO] Loading properties
    2012-01-23 22:40:18 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2012-01-23 22:40:18 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-1.0.1-R1-79-g241b6f1-b1774jnks (MC: 1.1) (Implementing API version 1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT)
    2012-01-23 22:40:19 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2012-01-23 22:40:19 [INFO] Default game type: 0
    2012-01-23 22:40:19 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -8324625947411181129)
    2012-01-23 22:40:20 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 97%
    2012-01-23 22:40:20 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: -8324625947411181129)
    2012-01-23 22:40:21 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 2 (Seed: -8324625947411181129)
    2012-01-23 22:40:21 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 24%
    2012-01-23 22:40:22 [INFO] [BukkitLink] Server engine started at port 9878.
    2012-01-23 22:40:22 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BukkitLink v1.7.1 (Is it up to date?): org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.registerEvents(Lorg/bukkit/event/Listener;Lorg/bukkit/plugin/Plugin;)V
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.registerEvents(Lorg/bukkit/event/Listener;Lorg/bukkit/plugin/Plugin;)V
    at event.BukkitLinkEvents.<init>(BukkitLinkEvents.java:20)
    at matt.BukkitLink.onEnable(BukkitLink.java:258)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:989)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:173)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:356)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:343)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:175)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    2012-01-23 22:40:22 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    2012-01-23 22:40:22 [INFO] Done (2,964s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2012-01-23 22:40:25 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?