[CHAT] BukkitVote 0.71 (Permissions&Superperm) [1240]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by ethernity, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Offline

ethernity

BukkitVote - a very basic vote Plugin.

Download

For Informations, older download links, tickets etc... look at:​

(download link will be kept up to date, discussions may go on)​
    Want BukkitVote in your own language?
    Look at Localization and send me your own localized version of BukkitVote!

kahlilnc, BenFudge and unenergizer like this.
  2. Offline

Juze

LightVote plugin! First!

EDIT: Done before, but maybe add permament night as an option to vote? Also, the name is a bit... misleading.
    EDIT2: And config to change voting % and stuff. Look at MCBans for example.

3. Offline

ethernity

Thanks for the info, I didn't knew this plugin existed.
    Updated the whole thing with config file, eternalnight, kick and other things.
    I'm planning for future releases new commands, as a gathering (everybody gets teleported to the spawn point) and something like voting for items to give everyone.

4. Offline

fullwall

Make more stuff to vote for and this could get epic :D.

5. Offline

Xylogeist

Suggestion:
    Add something like "/vote ban" and have it configurable, so some servers can turn it off, and others could turn it on.
    Another usefull one would be "/vote pvp" to have PVP toggled :) Not sure if that's possible though, since the server would need to reboot for PVP to be toggled.

6. Offline

Juze

PvP toggle should be possible without restarts, but only if the pvp=true is set in properties. Whenever this plugin is loaded, it disables PvP until voted to turn on/off.

7. Offline

ethernity

Look above for the changes I've really made this post was nuts
    [MERGETIME="1299854165"][/MERGETIME]
    Hmm banning doesn't seem to work, even the essentials plugin I've installed cannot ban.
    Maybe i could implement it with a player listener, kick those who are banned on join...
    [MERGETIME="1299856926"][/MERGETIME]
    I've searched through net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer and net.minecraft.server.PropertyManager and haven't seen an option to set or toggle pvp. Perhaps there is a way with a newer build as I'm still working with 499

8. Offline

Penorzilla

You should make it so it says what people are voting on. When I did /vote kick <playername> it popped up for other people as "1 votes of 4 players for kick" so I'm assuming they do not know who to kick.

Also maybe add like a /agree or /disagree command so you don't have to type in the full command.

Would like to see permissions support as well because I allow guests on the server and sometimes admins aren't on and they just start screaming profanity and would like it so the vote didn't count guests as people on the server. That way the 66% of people on server were only the members and higher ranks.

9. Offline

xGONExCRAZYx

If you made it so you could configure the minimum players on server needed for each command rather than the whole plugin, that would be great. Say i want to have /day on if only 1 person is on, and 50% to pass. Then, i want to have /ban on if there are 4 people on, with 70% to pass. I want /day, /eternalday, ect to be on with just 1 person and a low passing level, but I don't want that to be the same for /ban (incase ops aren't online).

10. Offline

unenergizer

Thank you for making this plugin. I am a server admin and sometimes I am not available to my users. It would be great if you could design a "server restart" addition. If this is possible it would also be wise to set how often users could vote on a server restart. For example I don't want any bad apples restarting my server every 30 seconds.

Let me know if this is possible. I have "liked" your first post.

11. Offline

ethernity

Thanks guys for the input. I was away for a while and I am looking through your suggestions.
    First of all I'm looking into the kick thing i thought i was sending the name with it.
    /agree and /disagree are a great idea, but there is a problem too. Right now people can spam votes. With those commands somebody could vote for something he didn't want.

About the permissions support: I really thought about it a while. I think It's against a global vote to exclude some players. But there is another thing I want to give to Ops: cancelling votes. So maybe I'll look into it.

About the configuration per command: I thought about this too and i really like it and I definitely look into it. Unfortunately Bukkit has its own way to read and write configuration files(and blocks me to do it my way), so i dont know if it is so easy made as said.

About the server restart: Well its a nice idea I dont know if there is a plugin that can restart the server. To my knowledge you cant do it ingame, if you know something else tell me!

12. Offline

ethernity

Updated

13. Offline

Thelyfe21

Are we going to get an update for CraftBukkit 602?

14. Offline

ethernity

It didn't really need an update. Everything was working really fine. I just made some minor modifications so that it will work in future, too

15. Offline

Jorrdan

Could you please implement an option to ban a player for a configurable amount of time. Ex /vote ban player would ban a player for 12 hours if it recieves 75% votes.

16. Offline

sShaDOhsS

/vote question "answer 1" "answer 2"
    Maybe? Good idea?

I also agree with @Jorrdan to include /vote ban and also /vote mute please.

17. Offline

ethernity

I will definitely look into banning people!

Banning is done. You can unban people with /unban from essentials or deleting them from the banned-players.txt

sShaDOhsS likes this.
  18. Offline

ethernity

Done muting and unmuting players per /vote mute/unmute <name>
    Unlike banning it does not use the same procedure as Essentials, so you muting/unmuting somebody in Essentials you could still be muted/unmuted in BukkitVote.
    Therefore I made an op command to unmute players, too.

Banning for a time period should be possible. I'll look into it but cant promise anything.

19. Offline

spoothie

And what's about the Permissions support now?

20. Offline

ethernity

I was too lazy to look how to use it and I don't think it was very important until the last few updates. But with ban and mute there, it could be necessary to look into permissions support.

21. Offline

spoothie

Sorry, I didn't test it before posting.
    It works with Permissions/GroupManager.
    I added:
    - bukkitvote.*

22. Offline

ethernity

Erm you shouldn't have to add anything. I do not support Permissions, if you have the plugin installed everybody can use it!

23. Offline

Scott Chi

Running: Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-612-g4c7a9e7-b617jnks (MC: 1.4)
    I Get:

[SEVERE] Could not load plugins\BukkitVote.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:105)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:158)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:106)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:84)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Caused by: while parsing a block mapping
    in "<reader>", line 1, column 1:
    default-minimum-players: 0
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
    in "<reader>", line 7, column 4:
    mute:
    ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:576)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:228)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:73)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:158)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:103)
    ... 8 more

BTW: Awesome Plugin!!!

24. Offline

spoothie

Okay you're right ;)
    Can the normal Players also use the unmute command?

25. Offline

piousminion

Hi, I'm using this plugin along with Citizens and having some trouble. It seems that this plugin is counting the NPCs as players and skewing the vote. If I have 5 players and 5 NPCs, this plugin sees 10 players. In this scenario even if 100% of the players vote for day, it will still only be a 50% vote.

Plugins that provide a list of players seem to function okay so maybe a reevaluation of the player count code is in order. Thanks for such a great plugin. :)

26. Offline

ethernity

Sorry i havent looked for a while. There seems to be something wrong with your config, if you're problem still exists post it here. With it I meant your config!

Well I use methods provided by Bukkit to check how many players are there. If the plugin registers those NPCs as players that could be the problem. I will look into it.

Update: Fixed, thanksfully the Citizens plugin tells us plugin developers what to do.

Yes you can vote for an unmute, but Ops can unmute then manually

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  27. Offline

piousminion

Crap. Thanks a bunch for updating it to support this so quickly. However, I'm not at Permissions 2.6 yet. Do you have a copy of 0.22 somewhere or is is backwards compatible with 2.5.x?

28. Offline

ethernity

Should be backwards compatible...

29. Offline

Nitnelave

Great Plugin! It also works with the NPCX plugin, it doesn't count the NPCs. Thanks a lot!

30. Offline

Nitnelave

it also works with build 684