Inactive [CHAT] CHAT_PROPER - A simple and one-of-a-kind chat mod. [1.1-R6]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kuntz, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Offline

Kuntz

CHAT_PROPER version 3, by Kuntz

Created using Bukkit-1.1-R6 #1360
    Tested on CraftBukkit 1.1-R6 #1988 (March 1, 2012) using Windows Java 6 update 31

»»»Download«««

Overview:

A simple and one-of-a-kind chat mod for CraftBukkit. This should be fully compatible with other chat mods!
    • Implements 50 numerical chat channels. Players are only in 1 channel at a time.
    • Chat in channel 1 is broadcast to channels 2 through 19.
    • Players in channels 2 through 19 can send external messages to channel 1.
    • Players in channels 20-50 will only see messages from other playes in the same channel.
    • No config or setup needed!
    Commands:

/join # - Joins the specified channel #
    /part - Parts the channel. Player will no longer receive channel messages
    /c1 - Sends an external message from the Player to channel 1

Purpose:

To create a channel system that does not segregate the community. Named channel systems and private channel systems tend to break up the community into small groups and harm gameplay. I also wanted to allow players to read and participate in the main chat channel (channel 1) while having an easy way to chat with one or more other players in a different channel (2-19). And finally, players who do not want to be bothered by the main chat channel can join a channel (20-50) and be alone to chat with their friends.

Change-log:

Version 3 - March 17th, 2012 - Fixed a bug. Updated to support new Bukkit API event system.

Version 2A - Jan 14th, 2012 - No Changes. Tested against today's 1.1 Bukkit/Server releases to ensure compatibility.

Version 2 - Jan 10th, 2012 - Quick Fix: Added a cancellation check on the PlayerChatEvent event.

Version 1 - Jan 8th, 2012 - Mod released.

2. Offline

Yuushi

You know what they say about assuming. :]

Thanks for the plugin, it's a great idea! I'll be sure to follow this~

3. Offline

Deleted user

Things you need to do to get this into the plugin releases section:
    1. Changelog at the bottom of the original post.
    2. Dev-Bukkit page.
    3. Change your Bukkit Version that this supports in the title from [1.0.1-R2] from [1.0.1-R1]. There is no recommended build released by Bukkit that has the name of [1.0.1-R2].

Suggestions:
    1. Pictures/Videos
    2. Permissions Nodes compatible with PermissionsEx, bPermissions, GroupManager, etc.

4. Offline

Kuntz

Done!

Deleted user likes this.
  5. Offline

Deleted user

Good job! :D
    Good luck with your plugin!

6. Offline

md_5

Approved

7. Offline

Delocaz

Nicely done! -marvinbek

8. Offline

joasiee

Can you add an node or an config option to mute an group entirely. Because none of the plugins work except this one. And i tried mutegroup and many more but they dont work :( Nice plugin btw :D

9. Offline

Kuntz

Updated today! Fixed a bug.

10. Offline

Zetassj

Very nice plugin ! is perfect for the spam of global chat
    refine need to edit some things !

thanks for this ^^

11. Offline

KevinEssence

Omg best chat channel plugin i've found ever and it's lightweight! Thanks so much I hope this stays here forever!