Inactive [CHAT] Chatter v2.1 - PEX, bPerms, P3, GM, Multiverse. Word wrappping. [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by dralletje, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Offline

dralletje

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">[​IMG] Version: </font> 2.1.7

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">You also hate the default chat formating?</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Want a simple way to change it into a clean, nice to read chat format?</font>

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">I present Chatter. </font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">It is a forked version of iChat but I changed nearly everything in the code</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"> except the syntax of the config file. </font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">That makes it simple to move from iChat.</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">It provides chat formatting using prefix, worldname, display name and more.</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">You can also make a censor and change the /me chat format.</font>

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">And last but not least, there is nice chat wrapping!</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">it will not longer wrap like this:</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">"me: this is a ran</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">dom text."</font>

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">but like this:</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">"me: this is a</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">random text"</font>

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">New in version 2.1:</font>
    multiverse support :D
    I removed the factions support, cause it was not working. I am working on a fix... but I can't find it :(
    But now you can use +mvalias for the multiverse alias of a world.

Please keep sending errors and ideas to me, I'll try to fix/add them all

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Features:</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Change the default chat format</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Change the /me format</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Censor some words.</font>
    * Good text wrapping.
    * Add variables from the factions plugin.

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">How to use:</font>
    1. <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">drop the plugin in you plugin folder.</font>
    2. <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">run your server once, a config file will be generated.</font>
    3. <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">open the config file and edit it</font>
    4. <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">restart/reload you server and you are done.</font>

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Configuration:</font>
    * censor-list - Put comma separated worlds between the [ and the ] and they will be censored.
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">text-wrapping - </font><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">If true the chat will be wrapped nice.</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">nether-name - </font><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">format to use when in the nether using +world, in that format you can use +world.</font></font></font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">name-format </font><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">- does nothing yet :p</font></font><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">.</font></font></font></font></font>

* <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">message-format - The message format, see section formatting and two message formats?!</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">date-format - The date format</font><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">, see section formatting.</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">me-format - The /me format</font><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">, see section formatting, again...</font>

Formatting:
    Editing the message format of the /me format is quite simple.
    you can add these variables to you format:
    * +name - The Users Name
    * +displayname - The users displayname. if none set it uses name.
    * +group - The first group that is defined in permissions.yml, mind that when you have multiple groups!
    * +healthbar - A visual health bar for this user
    * +health - The amount of health a user has (0 - 20)
    * +gamemode - The name of the current gamemode of a player (creative or survival)
    * +level - The experience level of a player.
    * +message - The text the player typed
    * +world - The world the player is in.
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">+faction - Should display the faction a player is in. thanks to tatara88 :D</font>
    * +mvalias - Displays the multiverse alias of the world the player is in.
    * +time - The timestamp of the message. See below.

Where are prefix and suffix? let me tell you.
    When you want to use options from the permissions file you now have to use $optionname.
    So when you want to use the prefix of somebody use '$prefix' and use '$suffix' for somebody's suffix.
    mind that when you change the color of a players name using prefix everything after the name will also be that color if you don't set it back after the name!
    you can also use +variables in you $variables :D

Time format:
    The format of the timestamp is configurable in config.yml.
    Use simple-date format: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

Commands:
    reloadchatter - reloads chatter, "chatter.reload" needed as permissions
    chatter - no permissions needed :D

Downloads:
    Chatter v2.1
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Source Code on github</font>

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Future plans:</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Adding /msg formatting.</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Spout? (cause spout is cool)</font>
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Add permissions for everything.</font>
    * Only load the tags that are needed, more speed :D
    * CraftIRC support.
    * An easter egg

Thanks to:
    * Drakia - For iChat, where this plugin is based on.
    * Nijikokun - For making the iChat where Drakia based his iChat on.
    * Orcem12 - For the name Chatter instead of Talker :D
    * Tatara88 - For helping me with faction and maybe helping me with more :D :D :D :D :D

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Changelog:</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Version 2.1.4</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
    * Faction tag is working again?
    * Thanks to Tatara88 :D
    * Even more thanks to Tatara88
    * Tatara88, thank you.

<font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Version 2.1.3</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
    * Did you know somebody can make this much stupid bugs?

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)">Version 2.1.2</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
    * Removed +mvcolor because... yeah, it does not exist xD
    * Removed later chat format, cause I think I am the only one who is using it :p
    * Did something else... but I can't remember.

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)">Version 2.1.1</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
    * Tiny error in Eclipse can cause a disaster!

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)">Version 2.1</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
    * Added multiverse support.
    * Later message format.
    * Code Cleanup.
    * Updated to use the new configuration standard.

Show Spoiler
    <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Version 2.0.2</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
    * fixed a even more stupid bug!

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Version 2.0.1</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
    * fixed a really, really stupid bug!

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)">Version 2.0</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>

* Support for permissions3
    * Support for bPerms
    * Support for groupsmanager
    * Added +gamemode and +xplevel
    * auto factions detection?
    * I think I forgot some things... if you find something new say me :)

Version 1.9.2

* Fixed faction bug, hopefully.
    * now even better Prefix and suffix picked, now with native pex prefixes :)
    * Added factions-support in config, set this to true when you have the faction plugin.

Version 1.9.1

* Made textwrapping compactible with more plugins.

Version 1.9

* Code cleanup. (I am doing that nearly every update :p)
    * Color codes working again.
    * Fixed faction plugin. (maybe)(please help testing)
    * Added group priority.
    * Better option finding.
    * Added Nether name in config
    * Removed all things with censor, except the words.

Version 1.8

* Improved the text wrapping
    * Text wrapping should now be compatible with the most plugins.
    * Fixed a bug where the server crashed when somebody said a too long word.
    * Added option in config to choose text-wrapping or not.
    * Added +faction, that should be the faction a player is in.

Version 1.4

* Added good textwrapping, yay :D
    * Changed the name to Chatter instead of Talker.

Version 1.0

* ehm... the release?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    tatara88, Karlkorv and Starrk like this.
  2. Offline

sddddgjd

You didn't give any actuall info...how is this better than ichat?

3. Offline

dralletje

You are right, I'll update the thread when I am on my pc again.
    And it's better cause I stripped the code, which means it's way faster and it uses pex
    Now. And I am going to add much features like /msg formatting and cool spout things. Also I am going
    To include textwrapping, which is a very wanted function :)

4. Offline

Orcem12

Not to be thatttt guy, but I personally think the name of the plugin should be "Chatter" ;)

Other then that I'm excited to test this. Sorry I have minor OCD :D

5. Offline

dralletje

that was the name I was searching for!!!
    thanks, I'll change it to that :D

Orcem12 likes this.
  6. Offline

Orcem12

Awesome. xD

dralletje likes this.
  7. Offline

dralletje

you are now in the thanks to section :D
    yay :D

8. Offline

Shilofax

This looks pretty neat.

9. idd

10. Offline

dralletje

now it's neat!
    it got proper text wrapping :D

11. Offline

dralletje

Will plugin submissions be moved to plugin releases?
    cause there are five pages of plugin submissions!

12. Offline

rockxz2135

Can you add a tag for the factions plugin like "+faction"?

13. Offline

dralletje

yeah, I would like to. but which faction plugin? (link)

14. Offline

rockxz2135

If you added that I would love it thank you! I need a chat plugin like iChat that supports the factions plugin and it has word wrap makes everything better thank you sooo much!!

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...war-and-user-controlled-antigrief-1060.19063/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  15. Offline

opoq

I'm missing the trick with prefixes/suffixes.
    message-format: '$prefix+name&f: +message'
    Have I messed that up?
    I have PEX, RB 1060

16. Offline

dralletje

do you use multiple groups?
    cause it can be it takes the prefix from another group then you want it to :(
    I am working on a solution for that.

if not, try +prefix instead of $prefix. maybe it works :)
    if still not, post your permissions file plz.

17. Offline

dralletje

18. Offline

rockxz2135

Testing now :D

Using Bukkit build #1139 1.8.1 i got this error that floods my console at a billion mph
    Code:
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:725)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.chat(CraftPlayer.java:162)
        at com.dral.Talker.TalkerPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(TalkerPlayerListener.java:50)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at com.dral.Talker.TalkerPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(TalkerPlayerListener.java:50)
    Is the plugin not compatible with that build?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  19. Offline

dralletje

1) is this the whole error?
    2) try disabling factions temporally. (move it out the plugin folder)
    3) it should be compactible.

20. Offline

rockxz2135

trying to get the full error

Is this compatable with PermissionsEx(PEX) prefixes and suffixes?
    Also I ran this on a 1.7.3 test server with the same plugins folder and it worked fine except for the prefixes not working but thats because i dont think it works with PEX
    EDIT: the 1.7.3 test server was running bukkit #1060

Heres the server log it was too large for me to upload in bukkit so I put it on mediafire
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
  21. Offline

dralletje

22. Offline

rockxz2135

Yeah, rename it back to a .yml bukkit uploader doesnt support .yml so i converted it to a txt
    If that doesnt work here is the permissions file in mediafire: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Attached Files:

23. Offline

dralletje

24. Offline

FreeZed2

this pluglin suport colors ?

25. Offline

dralletje

Yeah, say if it Does not for you

26. Offline

SpiFioY

Does it supports permissions 3.x ?

27. Offline

dralletje

No :(
    But now you requested it I'll make it support permissions 3 :)

28. Offline

SpiFioY

Tnx :)

29. Offline

dralletje

you are sure you are using the newest version?
    if so, try turning of textwrapping in the config file.
    I think it is not compactible with some plugins :(

30. Offline

GordonGrey

@dralletje
    Also looking forward to a working copy for 3.xxx