[CHAT] Colors v2.0.2 (2.0.3b4) - Adds color to your chat [1.6.4-R2.0] [Permissions/bPermissions/PEX]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by tyzoid, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Offline

tyzoid

[​IMG]
    Latest version:
    Dev Build:
    All Downloads:​

Announcements:
    Beta 2.0.3b4 needs more extensive testing. It works fine on bPermissions/bPermissions nano
    Description: (open)

Allows users to color their chat by using a configurable character (By default, the ampersand "&" and the carat "^") followed by a hexadecimal number (0-F). I recieved a request to post this plugin after someone used it on my server.

Rainbow mode is toggled by a configurable command (by default "/colors" and "/colours"). This can be disabled in the settings.

Admin can use the admin command (by default "/ca") to set and reset players' and groups' prefixes/suffixes. If you don't have permissions installed, the admin command will default to Op, and the two groups that will exist are: "Op" and "Default"

Users can change their own prefixes and suffixes using configurable commands (by default "/prefix" and "/suffix").

A small note about version numbers: x.y.z
    • X.Y represents the Minecraft version number that was out when the update was released.
    • The Z represents the release number.
    So the version 1.7.2 would indicate that it is the second release of the plugin, on minecraft 1.7

Starting with version 2.0.0,
    The version number is unrelated to the minecraft version. It goes by major.minor.release
    Any questions, comments, suggestions, or plugin breaks (I'm not always on the latest version of CB), please post here.
    Video:
    Example: (open)

Hello &9there.
    results in:
    Hello there.

/colors Hello there.
    results in:
    [​IMG]
    (If the image isn't loading, click here.)
    List of Color Codes (open)

[​IMG]
    The Admin Command: (open)

Syntax
    /<colorsadmin> [set/get/remove/reset] [prefix/suffix] [p:/g:] <name> (<prefix/suffix>)

Command breakdown:
    • [Set/get/remove/reset]
      • Required
      • Remove and reset are alises
      • Remove and reset removes the prefix/suffix
      • Set sets a prefix/suffix
      • Get tells the admin what the current prefix/suffix is
    • [prefix/suffix]
      • Required
      • Self explanatory
    • [p:/g:]
      • Required
      • p: tells the plugin you are setting the player's prefix/suffix
      • g: tells the plugin you are setting the group's prefix/suffix
    • <name>
      • Required
      • Fill it in with either the group, or player name, depending on what you put for [p:/g:]
    • (<prefix/suffix>)
      • Required in certain contexts
      • Only use if you are setting a username [set]
      • Just type in the prefix/suffix you want to set here.
    To color a name, just set a prefix with the last 2 characters be the hex code for the color (using the character set in the properties file).

Example:
    /ca set prefix p: tyzoid &cAdmin &a
    When tyzoid (me) talks, it will look like this:
    <Admin Tyzoid> Hello.
    Permissions nodes: (open)

Permissions nodes:
    • colors.hex
      • This is the node that allows people to use (or not use) the "&" or "^" character (or a different one, depending on your configuration) followed by a hexadecimal code.
    • colors.rainbow
      • This is the node that allows people to use (or not use) rainbow mode. (Use with care - can create an eyesore)
    • colors.admin
      • This is the node that allows people to use the admin commands. (Setting/resetting prefixes and suffixes) Use with care.
    • colors.prefix
      • This node allows users to change their own prefix.
    • colors.suffix
      • This node allows users to change their own suffix.
    • colors.reload
      • This node allows people to reload the settings in-game.
    Changelog: (open)

Version 1.7.4
    • Added support for superperms
    • Added ability to reload configuration files in-game (Default command: /creload and /cr)
    • New permissions node
      • colors.reload
    • Added crash protection (If the server crashes, prefix/suffix data will not be lost.
    Version 1.7.3
    • Fixed bug #5
    Version 1.7.2
    • Added ability for players to color their own names.
    • added two new permissions nodes
      • colors.prefix
      • colors.suffix
    • The suffix no longer needs to be colored white.
    Version 1.7.1
    • Minor bugfixs
    • Player names are no longer case sensitive. (Group names still are)
    Version 1.6.2
    • Fixed bug #2
    • Fixed bug #3
    • Fixed bug #4
    Version 1.6.1
    • Build with a newer version of permissions
    • Fixed bug #1
    Version 1.5.5
    • Added admin commands.
    • Added a permissions node:
      • colors.admin
    • Added a few more configuration options.
    • Added Prefixes and suffixes.
    Version 1.5.4
    • Added permissions support.
    • Added two permissions nodes:
      • colors.hex
      • colors.rainbow
    Version 1.5.3
    • Added a configuration file.
    Version 1.5.2
    • Releasing my plugin by request.
    Bugs and Todo: (open)

Bugs:
    1. Prefixes and suffixes clear if the server crashes.(Fixed in 1.6.1)
    2. Incompatibility with defaultCommands.(Fixed in 1.6.2)
    3. Individual suffix not setting.(Fixed in 1.6.2)
    4. Permissions nodes not working.(Fixed in 1.6.2)
    5. Bug with superperms not having groups.(Fixed in 1.7.3)
    6. Double chat with some chat plugins.(Fixed in 1.7.5)
    7. Player's name as "null"(Fixed in 2.0.0)
    8. Fix regex error.(Fixed in 2.0.1)
    9. Fix another permissions glitch.(Fixed in 2.0.1)
    10. Fix NPE when the person is offline.(Fixed in 2.0.1)
    Todo:
    • Add a configuration file.(Added in 1.5.3)
    • Add Permissions Support(Added in 1.5.4)
    • Add an admin command (by default "/ca") to allow prefixing names.(Added in 1.5.5)
    • Add ability of players (with permissions) to be able to color their own names.(Added in 1.7.2)
    • Support bukkit's new internal permissions manager.(Added in 1.7.4)
    • Add chat formatting. (Toggle-able)(Added in 2.0.0)
    • Add rainbow prefixes.(Added in 2.0.0)
    • Add color lock for messages.(Added in 2.0.0)
    • Implement support for PEX and bPermissions for groups.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

Soxra

You should add external download Link for Guests.

3. Offline

tyzoid

Good point. Doing that now.

Update:
    Uploaded and link added.

4. Offline

Plague

Version ranges should only be used when necessary

5. Offline

CHIKINS!!!

:D I'm so happy it's released, sorry I was hoping to be the first one to post. :(

tyzoid likes this.
  6. Offline

Exidous

will this work with permissions?

7. Offline

tyzoid

Not currently, but I have an update, and permissions is next on my list.

Yup, for anyone wondering, Chikins was the one who requested me to post the plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
    ElektrikBanana likes this.
  8. Offline

tyzoid

Just added permissions support. Enjoy!

9. Offline

CHIKINS!!!

ur awesome ty. and btw everyone Tyzoid's server is AMAZING. sorry I havn't been on much, working on my server.:cool: (P.S. I love these smily face icons :):D;):):cool: haha they're so fun!)

10. Offline

tyzoid

I will test this with CB740 later. Can anyone else confirm that it works?

Update: Confirmed. It does work on CB740. Enjoy.

11. Offline

Aerunaur

I have a suggestion: if we can have like a config file where certain people have certain color names, sort of like permissions, only without support from what I think are annoying things like HeroChat. Because, I DONT WANT CHANNELS. Period. I just want certain people to have certain color prefix/suffix, NAME!, and message. Sorry if it seems like I am flaming :p. Not like I am outing the commands that give you colors on the spot, it is just that it seems tedious if that is all you are using. I want my name, prefix, and messages to be (insert color here) all the time, not just when I feel like it XD

12. Offline

tyzoid

This is part of the update i am planning (and hoping) to release this weekend, a persistant prefix/suffix. The cool thing about this, is that you can add colors to the prefix that will also color the name. I won't go very deep on what I plan to implement, but i will implement a group prefix/suffix, and an individual prefix/suffix.

13. Offline

CHIKINS!!!

WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Factions, Permissions, HeadBlocks, Essentials, MagicCarpet, BlastControl, ArrowWall, DefaultCommands, BetterShop, MotherNature, SnowBallz, iConomy, AntiHack, Colors, and ColorMe.

I hope this isn't too much to work with. Thnx Tyzoid for helping me with my bug fix!:D

14. Offline

tyzoid

This is probably your problem.

Kohle likes this.
  15. Offline

Valrix

Yep, Essentials' current chat module breaks a bunch of others by doing an all-or-nothing approach so any changes any other plugin makes won't ever be noticed.

16. Offline

tyzoid

His problem is that the chat looks like this:
    Code:
    <chikin> Hello.
    <chikin> Hello.

while only typing it once.
    Not sure if this is a problem with essentials, but this is the first thing I saw.

17. Offline

Per Henrik

Hey guys! I have downloaded this plugin and I dont know how to use it! xD
    In the chat I write /colors and it says: Colors enabled...

18. Offline

Aerunaur

@tyzoid:
    Good, I will hope that that will be up and running soon. Right now I am kinda depending on HeroChat, because I don't know if it will come into use in my RP server. It might come in use, who knows. However, it seems like it doesn't allow you to color name or prefixes, so as I said, I will be depending on you :D

19. Offline

tyzoid

Just type anything into chat and it will appear to be a rainbow of letters (Rainbow mode).

Yea, i am in the about 70-80% done with this this next update, so you should get it before the weekend is over.

P.S. It saves the prefixes and suffixes separate from permissions, (permissions can't save individual prefixes) and this isn't meant to be a plugin for permissions.

Hello Everyone, I don't want to seem like I am making excuses, but the plugin is taking longer than I anticipated. (I had about 7 bugs to step on) and i have a few more things to do. Hopefully you will get the release later today, but it might not happen. (Just an FYI)

Actually, the two other bugs weren't that hard to fix. I have the plugin version 1.5.5 DONE!! (Finally). Well anyway, you should see a download link pop up within the next 30 mins.

Update: The link is up!!! (Finally) Enjoy!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  20. Offline

CHIKINS!!!

Tyzoid, when I took colors out it the speak went 2 times , but when I had colors in was in the speak went 3 times:

Like this:

With Colors:
    Code:
    <Chikincows>:Hello
    Without Colors:
    Code:
    That's what would happen, so there's probably three plugins that don't work together on my server.

21. Offline

tyzoid

try removing essentials.

22. Offline

CHIKINS!!!

ok thnx

23. Offline

tyzoid

Did that fix it?

24. Offline

Lighty

I tried using this alongside Factions but it does not change the username colour. Do you have any suggestions so I can make the admin colour red?

Cheers.

25. Offline

tyzoid

Do you have permissions installed?
    If you do, try this /ca set prefix g: <groupname> &c

26. Offline

CraZzyRussak

Hey soxra or tyzoid you ahre germany???? when yes pleas help me i have a server in the beta and i cond can make plugins i need a boy/girl who make plugins
    Sorry for my bad englisch im german 7 class

27. Offline

tyzoid

I'm not German, but Google Translate works well. I don't really have any time to program plugins (don't have much time to update mine) You might want to ask another plugin developer. They might be able to help you.

28. What do these do exactly?

use-rainbow=true
    use-admin=true

How do I enable permissions support, by default it seems disabled? At least, none of my users with the colors.hex node can use this, but I as admin can.

Also, when I set:

use-rainbow=false
    use-admin=false

All our chat started spamming double. Using HeroChat btw.

29. Offline

tyzoid

use-rainbow is the toggle for rainbow mode. This is designed such that if you don't have permissions, you can still change it.

The same is true for use-admin.

I have no idea what the double-spamming is caused by, but permissions is a possible glitch that I am still testing with 2.5.5.

Next build will (hopefully) fix the permissions issue.

Edit 1: Version 1.6.1 is out. Try that, it should fix the permissions issue. I will be looking into the duplicate chat issue.
    @Joy
    You said it only happened when you set use-rinbow to false and use-admin to false?
    Can you find which one seems to be the problem?

30. Issue remains, any player I give colors.hex can not color their chat, only admins can.