[CHAT] Dynmap2CraftIRC v0.1 - See your DynMap chat in IRC [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Celtic Minstrel, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Dynmap2CraftIRC
    Version: v0.1

It's really simple, just put it in the jar folder, make sure you have "custom" events enabled in your CraftIRC config for the channels you want to receive DynMap chat, and go!

For obvious reasons, this plugin requires you to first install CraftIRC (version 2.13 or later) and DynMap (later than 0.20; latest dev build is probably best). It won't work with earlier versions of the plugins.

This won't work with CraftIRC 3, but a version that does should be available by the time CraftIRC is released.

--Download--
    Source code is in the jar.

Changelog:
    Version 0.1
    • Initial release!

If you're not sure how to enable custom events... (open)
    ...the events sections of your config will look something like this. In particular note the last line:
    Code:
      events:
        game-to-irc:
          all-chat: true
          joins: false
          quits: false
          kicks: false
          bans: false
        irc-to-game:
          parts: false
          nicks: false
        irc-to-irc:
          parts: false
          nicks: false
        custom: true

NOTE: Simply copy-pasting the above into your config is probably not a good idea. Just find the section and add the one "custom: true" line manually. You could also specify "custom: false" if you wanted to.

2. Offline

Plague

title was missing version, added, please keep it updated.

3. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Whoops, thanks!

4. Offline

imoneofthem

Hi there this looks like a great plugin.

Sadly though I receive this error:
    Code:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/dynmap/DynmapWebChatEvent
            at ca.celticminstrel.bukkit.D2CListener.onCustomEvent(D2CListener.java:18)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$87.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:855)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.storageReload(ModularControl.java:129)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.access$000(ModularControl.java:21)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl$RefreshTask.run(ModularControl.java:40)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    I think this expands the error:
    Code:
    16:51:51 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to dynmap2craftirc
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$87.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:855)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
            at com.sk89q.commandbook.commands.MessageCommands.say(MessageCommands.java:84)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.executeMethod(CommandsManager.java:402)
            at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.java:313)
            at com.sk89q.commandbook.CommandBookPlugin.onCommand(CommandBookPlugin.java:245)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:312)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
            at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.executeMethod(CommandsManager.java:402)
            at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.java:313)
            at com.sk89q.commandbook.CommandBookPlugin.onCommand(CommandBookPlugin.java:245)
    Also your craftIRC list doesn't contain 'cancelled-chat' in the game-to-irc block (I personally use this in conjunction with HeroChat). Is there any reason why?

5. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Not really. I think I copied it from the per-channel event settings, where cancelled-chat isn't used.

As for your error, it sounds like you need to update your DynMap. I don't think there has been an official release yet that this works with, so you'll probably have to download the latest development build from DynMap's Jenkins site.

If you've already done this, then I'm not sure what could be wrong, and I'll have to look into it.

6. Offline

derpcat

I'm getting the same errors using dynmap 0.20 and CraftIRC 2.13.

7. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Great, why am I the only one it works for... <_< Anyway, the error definitely has something to do with your dynmap version, since it's basically saying that the dynmap custom event upon which this relies does not exist.

8. Offline

derpcat

I looked at it again and it was a different error than the one above. It says it can't find dynmap, but dynmap is working just fine.

Code:
    22:19:20 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/dynmap2craftirc2.jar' in folder 'plugins': dynmap
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: dynmap
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:128)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:97)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)

9. Offline

Brocklehurst

Is there any way for the chat from IRC to show in the dynmap chat at all? Great plugin btw, great for logging the chat.

10. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Could be a case-sensitivity issue, I suppose. Type /plugins; what's the exact case of Dynmap? If it's not all-lowercase, you could try editing my plugin.yml to match the case. Apart from that, I have no idea what could cause that error.
    I believe it's possible; I have no intention of doing anything like that in this version. Maybe once CraftIRC 3 is release and the version of this plugin for that, assuming Dynmap has API for sending chat to it.

11. Offline

derpcat

I was able to get it working by removing the dynmap line completely from plugin.yml.

12. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

That's not the right way to do it, but if it works, whatever.

13. Offline

Jdbye

@Celtic Minstrel - Please add this feature, people in IRC can see dynmap chat but can't respond making it kind of pointless to even see it in the first place.

14. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

The version I have sitting on my computer, which is for CraftIRC 3, theoretically has that feature. Unfortunately, when I tried running it on a server with CraftIRC 3, it didn't work, so when I get time I'm going to need to do proper testing and fix it.

15. Offline

PlannedBoredom

Is there no config of it's own? And how do you pull it up on the IRC network, if I do happen to be doing it right. I'm not getting any errors....

16. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

If you're using CraftIRC 2, read the spoilered section in the opening post. It doesn't have a config of its own; you configure it in CraftIRC's config. If you're using CraftIRC 3, you'll have to wait until I finish updating it; it's mostly done, but last I checked it didn't work.

17. Offline

nlancaster

Any chance of an update?

18. Offline

Celtic Minstrel