ChatEditor

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Huntfishplay, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Huntfishplay

Plugin category: Essentials

Suggested name: ChatEditor

What I want: I'd like to have a plugin that edits chat, and is compatible with PermissionsEX, and EssentialsChat. The normal chat is like this <'[OWNER]'huntfishplay> Okay Thats UGLY! So I Want It To Not Have These <> and these '' Only [OWNER] Huntfishplay. Ive seen servers w/ it just don't know how... also id like to be able to set chat color, like /chateditor &l&4 to get a bold darker text.... Also id like it to just do it, no config...

Ideas for commands: /chateditor <colorcodes>

Ideas for permissions: player.chat.colorset

When I'd like it by: Whenever You Can Sooner Is Better

2. Offline

87pen

This can be done through essentials config it is on around line 529.

- 87pen/Kowgatte

mastermustard likes this.
  3. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Huntfishplay
    You can use EssentialsChat to change the format.
    If you want to be able to select Chat Colors, try out my Plugin ChatTitles.
    But it requires RankPrefix+ which is another Plugin that allows you to edit the Chat.
    Both links are in my signature.

4. Offline

Huntfishplay

Ok Thanks! mrCookieSlime 1 Last Thing... Does PermissionsEX Require EssentialsChat? Cause It Never Works W/ It...

Thank you so much, I've been looking everywhere for this!

5. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Huntfishplay
    Pex does not require EssentialsChat but its compatible with it.
    And no problem, please mark this Thread as Filled then.

6. Offline

Huntfishplay

7. Offline

mrCookieSlime

8. Offline

Huntfishplay

mrCookieSlime okay sorry....

mrCookieSlime Okay

############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # | EssentialsChat | #
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    ############################################################

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
    # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    # Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

Okay i took away the red stuff shown above! But the '' still show up by rank cause of pex (i use it for prefixes) Know how to fix?

EDIT by Timtower: Merged double post

9. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Huntfishplay
    Which quotation mark are you talking about?

10. Offline

Huntfishplay

mrCookieSlime

So For Example Now My Chat Is Like '[OWNER]' Huntfishplay (not actual size) But i want it gone, i think its from PEX... i use it for prefixes

Note To Staff: This is not the same post but an updated one...

11. Offline

HunterGPlays

It must have to do with your permissions file. Make sure you set your prefix in your permissions file like this: (you can replace the stuff inside the quotation mark)

Code:
    prefix: '&c[OWNER]&r'

12. Offline

Huntfishplay

13. Offline

HunterGPlays

Upload your permissions config and your Essentials config onto here, you can put it on Pastebin

14. Offline

Huntfishplay

15. Offline

87pen

I'm curious too :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.