Citizens/dtlTraders unsual problem.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by [X8] Realms, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

[X8] Realms

Ive recently installed citizens and dtltraders for my server and for some reason everytime i make an npc, and reload the plugin/server all npc's disappear. If i restart it although they stay. It took me hours to make and price 10 shops last time and i lost them all. Ive tried dev builds regular and this problem seems to only happen with dtltraders installed aswell. Does anyone have a similiar issue or knows a fix? thanks.

2. Offline

SleepyDog

Do you have a plugin deleting the npc's from the map?
    If not check if there is a thing in the config of the plugins.

3. Offline

[X8] Realms

There isnt, and like i said it began happening as soon as i installed dtltraders.

4. Offline

AGC-Intra

We switched to using UltraTrader instead and have never had an issue. We currently run CB build 1.7.9 R0.2, aware that the UltraTrader version is behind but doesnt seem to matter.

5. Offline

[X8] Realms

I appreciate the help from this forum but, there is no point getting a plugin that the owner looks like he has abandoned, when 1.8 comes out ill have to remake every shop again, i have about 10 shops.

Does seriously no one else have this problem? I used to just use signs from essentials but all the entities was causing lag, so i switched to this gui which happens to be best considering i use citizens.

6. Offline

AGC-Intra

Funny you talk about not using an abandoned plugin hoping what you do use will be supported in 1.8. Though as far as bukkit is concerned its for the most part discontinued(abandoned) itself. You also say you've already had to redo your setup using the broken dtltraders. So if UltraTraders works for now until a 1.8 API is available wouldn't you rather have it just work and worry about the 1.8 changes when they come? What makes you think they'll port dtltraders to work under a new 1.8 API that is not bukkit. There is a lot of talk everywhere but what actually happens is yet to be seen.

Of course the BEST solution would be that someone familiar with your issue help you fix your dtltraders problem but as time ticks away... how long will you wait. I can't remember why but an issue like this is probably why we switched away from dtltraders. Lack of support maybe? Wish I could give a better answer. Good luck.

7. Offline

[X8] Realms

I wasnt saying it in a remark AGC-Intra, and why wouldnt it be supported in 1.8 when dinnerbone said himself he will update it to 1.8? Ill go with ultra traders simply because its my only resort so thankyou for recommending it, im just hoping it lasts.

8. Offline

AGC-Intra

@[X8] Realms

Have you tried posting the issue on the forum that is on the plugins page?
    Maybe someone there will be able to get dtlTraders working for you without the wipes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.