Completely Remove NameTag

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by jbman223, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jbman223

How would you completely remove the players nametag? Also make it so that people can't see it with Nodus? Would TagAPI do the trick or would we need to deal with packets? Thanks!

2. Offline

chasechocolate

Here is how I did it (with TagAPI):
    Code:java
    1. @EventHandler
    2. public void onPlayerReceiveNameTag(PlayerReceiveNameTagEvent event){
    3. event.setTag("§§§§"); //§ = <option/alt> 6
    4. }

This is how I did it in one of my plugins, should still be working now, not sure if any update fixed this.

3. Offline

herpingdo

You can use a hacked or modded client to see nametags of players if they exist. Chase's would probably just make the nametag very narrow on Nodus, but on other (custom coded) clients, there are ways the tag could still fully be seen, including name.

4. how can i find your nameplate-hide-mod, chasechocolate? Or is it the one with the steve-skin? I wan´t to keep my skin, but decrypt or hide the name.

yeah, but if the client don´t use a hack(that´s the normal way) a hide nametag-plugin like the code from chasechocolate would be very useful.

Do you know how can i change the client-files to don´t see the nametag? So all clients can make this - that would be nice, too for roleplaying-servers. So the client´s wan´t to hide the nameplate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.