Connecting to Server help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ElDynamite, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ElDynamite

Before I start, I wasn't sure if this should go in the bukkit or minecraft forum, so please forgive me if I'm wrong :/

I have my server up, but my friends have not been able to connect. I can connect via the internal IP but not the external.
    I have set a static IP on my iPv4 (192.168.2.99, I have a Belkin router), added the Belkin DNS, set port forwarding on the router page for 25565 -> 192.168.2.99 -> 25565 (twice, one TCP and one UDP), and tried my port on http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ with my external IP 24.44.96.170 (piecraft.strangled.net is the DNS for that). And I did have the server running while testing, on port 25565. It says the port is closed.
    I've restarted my router multiple times so I doubt that's a problem.

I'm doing this on a Mac, if that means anything. And if I had to guess, I'd say the problem would be that I don't have a manual iPv6 set up, only iPv4.
    -I've turned off iPv6, nothing.

I'm running Minecraft 1.1 and the server is 1.1-r6.

I also restarted my computer, no results.

Thanks ^^

EDIT: solved. Router stopped working for a few minutes and when I reconnected my server magically worked. :eek:

Still need help.

Desperately need help.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Offline

FXHNTR

ElDynamite
    I'm not too familiar with Macs but I'll try to help as much as I can. First of all, do you have any anti-virus programs?

3. Offline

billofbong

^
    What he said

4. Offline

Gallie

Right now R6 Isn't working for me. So you might have the same problem. Use the DEV Build of bukkit instead.

http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/

Never post this ever again. Annoys the hell out of me.

FXHNTR likes this.
  5. Offline

ElDynamite

FXHNTR
    billofbong
    Nope, none running. I have antivirus programs but I only use them for scans.

I just found a very awkward problem. I connected to my friend's router, a Linksys, and tried launching the server from that, and the port checker said the port was open, after I set the port forwarding. I think this may be a problem with my router then.

6. Offline

FXHNTR

That could be, some routers just won't allow you to port forward, i know that linksys and D-link routers do. I'm not so sure about netgears or others.

If you have any other problems let me know.

7. Offline

billofbong

I have a netgear; it does.

8. Offline

FXHNTR

Good to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.