Connection timed out.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by joe504860157, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

joe504860157

My friend and i have recentley set up a craftbukkit server and followed tutorials on the internet on how to do it. My friend is the one who is hosting it, but only he can connect to it. I cant connect to it and neither can anyone else. Minecraft stays on "Connecting to the server" for about 30 seconds and then says:
    Failed to connect to the server
    java.net.connectException: Connection timed out: no further information: /xx.xx.xx.xx:25565

The launcher console error message is:
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> 17:04:54.003 [Server Connector #1] ERROR net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.GuiConnecting - Couldn't connect to server
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information: /xx.xx.xx.xx:25565
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_45]
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:191) ~[netty-all-4.0.10.Final.jar:?]
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:228) ~[netty-all-4.0.10.Final.jar:?]
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:497) ~[netty-all-4.0.10.Final.jar:?]
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) ~[netty-all-4.0.10.Final.jar:?]
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) ~[netty-all-4.0.10.Final.jar:?]
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) ~[netty-all-4.0.10.Final.jar:?]
    [17:04:54 INFO]: Client> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_45]

Please help. If you need any other information just say what you need and i will post it.

2. Offline

ZackBlazes

It seems like the IP is wrong or the server has been port-forwarded wrongly. Tell him to make sure he did everything correctly in the port-forwarding videos, or is it Hamachi? If it's Hamachi then you need to install Hamachi and be in his group on it.

3. Offline

DuoDex

Indeed. Port forwarding and IP stuff are a b***h to do, but we can help you.

4. Offline

joe504860157

The ip is definatley correct but the port 25565 does not appear to be open. I have looked on how to forward a port and it seems to be quite simple, but my friend dosent have the authentication for his router, meaning that he cant forward the port. Is there another fix, or is this the only one?

5. Offline

dukeboyty

me too! but I have a different error:::

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Attached Files:

6. Offline

joe504860157

dukeboyty
    I have fixed the problem.
    The server owner needs to open their port
    If you are in windows:
    Go into start menu and type 'cmd'
    type 'ipconfig'
    copy the default gateway ip address into your preffered browser address bar, e.g. firefox/IE/Chrome
    Find out the username and password for your router (if you have not changed them, they sould be on the side or bottom of your router) and enter them into the webpage.
    find the ports page and allow inbound and outbound connections for port 25565.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.