Converting from Vanilla to Bukkit issue.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by avatar06349, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

I am in the process of converting from a pure Vanilla server to Bukkit and i have run into a problem.
    How do i transfer the nether world that is preexisting on my vanilla to bukkit. The outerworld (earth) came over just fine but the Nether is completely new.

2. Offline

RogerWilco

I'm having the same problem. We've been running vanilla since December 2010, with a lot of Nether also explored and built it. When I tried, the old Nether was gone. I restored the backup I made and went back to Vanilla.

It seems to have something to do with CraftBukkit creating a world_nether, instead of using the DIM-1 in the world folder itself.

I don't like this at all, I need to have CrafBukkit and Vanilla to be interchangeable, run on the same world, with only the plug-ins as difference.

3. Offline

RogerWilco

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the Vanilla and CraftBukkit servers use the same world?
    No more separate world_nether?
    Is there maybe a trick with symlinks or something like that?

4. Offline

jamescosten

If you were using a vanilla server isnt the nether dissabled, well untill recently anyway?

5. Offline

Liquidd46

Just place the files in the DIM-1 inside your world_nether folder

6. Offline

MaWe4585

copy the files from DIM-1 to world_nether doesn't work, i just did that, the nether looked the same but things we built there were gone :(
    then i looked into the world_nether folder and it had a DIM-1 folder from nowhere.
    so i tried from start again, this time i copied the world folder and renamed it to world_nether, then i copied the world folder again. both times with everything in it, so i had two full copies, one the "world_nether" and one the "world".
    And NOW it seems to work perfect

7. Offline

RogerWilco

CraftBukkit seems to use use the world folder for the Top world, ignoring the DIM-1 in there, and then has a world_nether, where it uses the DIM-1 for the Nether.

So
    /world - used for Top
    /world/DIM-1 - Used by vanilla, not by Craftbukkit
    /world_nether - Not used by either
    /world_nether/DIM-1 - CraftBukkit's Nether for world

Why CraftBukkit does this is beyond me. When it creates world_nether, it says:

Can anyone explain what is meant by "the way that Minecraft implemented multiworld support in 1.6", especially because Minecraft 1.6/1.7 is just fine with the Nether DIM-1 folder in the same directory as the world???

8. Offline

Rwembee

It means there was some incompatibility or change introduced when minecraft updated that they had to create a workaround.

All worlds are now saved as their own directory. It makes sense from a multi world setup with nether being treated equally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.