CPU At/Over 100%. Lag spikes galore.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Andrew Klein, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Andrew Klein

I seem to have cropped up with a new problem.

Basically the server is now running pegged at 100% CPU usage plus (1 core +). This is on a fast dedicated with a lot of memory. The server instance is lagging a lot now and doesn't make much sense why.

Not sure what happened where. I was running Essentials, WorldEdit and InvTool. I have disabled all plug-ins, and ran just vanilla CraftBukkit 803, and no better. I would run the original MC server, but not sure where to grab 1.5 today.

Logs don't hint at anything; My nohup was rather big this morning, but nothing but usual spam.

Ideas please?

As asked for:

Linux 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Nov 9 12:54:20 EST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    java version "1.6.0_17"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.7.10) (rhel-1.21.b17.el5-x86_64)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

Bukkit version 803.

Removed all plugins to no avail.

Okay. I use nohup to launch bukkit

nohup java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar &

I've opened up nohup.out and there is a HUGE file of the gte symbol (>). It's between lines of text, and repeats steadily. Any idea?​

Bit more looking. If I start it in a script with nohup, it will do the >, spike the cpu. If I do the exact same command in the shell direct, it is fine. Any idea?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  2. Offline

Phaedrus

There was reports of this yesterday in a different thread.

Not sure if @EvilSeph saw that one.... If I could, I would post it at leaky.bukkit.org (but I'm behind a firewall)

3. Offline

anon

Generate a new map, wait until it create some chunks around and see if the 100% core usage continues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.