CPU Usage... INSANE

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Nick Foster, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nick Foster

i was able to do it b4 then the 1.1 update im having issues....

2. Offline

Nathan C

Yeah, well the config was pretty horrid. You had it updating tiles on everything from block breaks, block places, chunk loading, player leaving, player joins and more!

Enable one of them, such as chunk loading maybe. Having them update for every single action is asking for lag.

3. Offline

Nick Foster

yeah i disabled that and it was still really instese...

4. Offline

Nathan C

Well, not sure what to say then.

What CPU does the server have? Are you playing off the same PC?

5. Offline

Obliviator

I went from a 64bit server at 1.5ghz, which could run 20 players fine, to a 32bit 3.2ghz server. And the cpu usage is very high even when there is no one on the server.

6. Offline

Nick Foster

i has a 2.3 ghz server .... its a xeon... its a beast .... that number looks small but it doesn't need lots of oscillations ;P

7. Offline

Tyler_Tsero

32bit systems on default use more CPU then 64 bit.

64bit systems handle and run things smoother and faster.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-12546_102-260442/difference-between-32-bit-64-bit/

64bit systems are the way to go for hosting :p

yes it can be done with 32bit, but it's just not as fast. 64 just is the pick of choice normally when it comes to servers

8. Offline

Nick Foster

random fact of the day?.... gee thanks...

ok i used that config blindly... seems to be idling at 60% usage (still not great) but may i ask... what did you change... its way to much config for me to read...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  9. Offline

XtenD

Try CraftBukkit++, it can solve the high cpu usage problem.

10. Offline

Obliviator

Yeah, The current machine doesnt run 64bit properly though.

11. Offline

Tyler_Tsero

Your quite welcome ;P

12. Offline

Nathan C

Sorry, but you have no clue what you are talking about in that post.

2.3 Ghz is in fact slow depending on the architecture. And judging from that clockspeed, it is a 2008ish Core 2 Duo based Xeon. Low clockspeed and older architecture = slow.

13. Offline

Nick Foster

yak yak yak yak yak yak yak.... thats all i hear.... and yes a 2.4gz server processor is a motherf*ckton faster ( for data) then any home use computer's processor... (mabey not if you had the world record holder... (YAY! BULLDOZER) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.