CraftBukkit 1.3.2-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.3.2-R0.1) that provides Minecraft 1.3.2 compatibility and includes experimental changes that hopefully improve performance and stability is now available. Please only use this build if you'd like to help us get a new Recommended Build out and don't mind running a preview build to help us test things. If you were running the previous Beta build, please update to this one as it includes some important fixes.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine.

What is a Beta Build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

Notable fixes from Minecraft 1.3.2 include:
    + Added sideways logs in trees
    * Fixed a bug that caused players to fall out of the world when going into the Nether
    * Fixed a bug that caused random suffocation damage in water

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.3.2-R0.1 here

Rick_Ace, chakyl, ewized and 13 others like this.
  2. Offline

MyPictures

You know why it takes to long for a recommended build to come out right? It needs a lot of testing to be stable, the bukkit team cant add some new lines to the code and BOOOOM works perfect with 1.3.2. A recommended build will only then come out when the bukkit team is ready to release it. You can check the development by watching the github commits or check out the dev build on dl.bukkit.org.

3. Offline

EpicTrance

thx so much to evilseph and mike primm for updating to 1.3.2 build #2365 it removed all the lag i had on my server. it helped alot :)

4. Offline

Master Gabe

Yeah same here, way better performance, and the lag finally went away.

5. Offline

Gelmax

YEEESSSSSSSS - thanks!!!! 2365 finally removed the lag. Great job!!!

6. Offline

Master Gabe

#2366 is even better guys ^^ I had 235 players today, and TPS was between 17 and 18, which is amazing compared to the old dev-builds.

7. Offline

Pendar2

Yes the lag spikes that I was getting in the beta build seem to be a lot smaller or even gone in #2366.

8. Offline

Master Gabe

Indeed, and I'm finally enjoying it, and not having to stress about the crashes or hell lag spikes.

9. Offline

DjDCH

You need to be aware that this development build included an important change of the auto-save worlds feature in Mincraft. Now, by default, the auto-save worlds is disable. If you don't have any plugin, mod or external sofware that save periodically your worlds, you need to reconsider re-activating this feature by safety. Please, inform yourself by reading the following links:
    DjDCH

Pendar2, DHLF and Vern8k like this.
  10. Offline

Etsijä

If the new builds are so good, could you please please release an RB for 1.3.2 soon? Our server provider won't support any beta builds, and due to numerous problems with the 1.3.2 beta builds with the tools our provider gives us to admin our server, we had to go back to 1.3.1 RB, which is simply horrible.

11. Offline

SSPX

Get a new provider.

12. Offline

Iron79

I love it ;)

13. Offline

daboross

I have MAJOR lag problems with 1.3.2 build. The 1.3.1 recommended works great though. I am using it for now until 1.3.2 recommended comes out. This might be a plugin incompatibility, but in 1.3.2 whenever I break a block that is supporting a sign/torch/rail/anything that will break, the server lag crashes. I have to kill the process and restart the server. That is why I am not using this build... Way to laggy....

14. Offline

Master Gabe

What craftbukkit dev are you using? My performance seems to be alot better on the latest devs.

15. Offline

Jacold92

Hi dear Bukkit Team. Please, don't release RB to early. In 1.3.2-R0.1 I must to restart my server due the large memory leaks in this build. But if I install 1.3.1-R2.0 I have problem with damaged chunks (they will not load but player bumps on it and can't do any action). I hope that RB will come without any big bugs that crashes my server every 2-3 hours. Thanks, Jacek.

16. Offline

EvilSeph

Important information about this first Recommended Build following a Minecraft update:
    The first Recommended Build, as always, is a slightly more polished development build that we're promoting to a Recommended Build so that people who rely on a Recommended Build being available can try out our development builds and decide if they want to use them.

joehot2000 likes this.
  17. Offline

Alterarch

Great build. Thanks!

18. Offline

Jacold92

Thanks for reply EvilSeph. I know, this is Beta... ;)

19. Offline

joehot2000

it is beta, it is mainly stable, and it works better than the development builds, that is all i could ask for.
    i also think some people dont appreciate that the bukkit team put hours of hard work into this, while we are just lasing around sitting on our arse's.

20. Offline

Rockslide

I'm worried. Is Bukkit 1.3 actually going to be finished? The bug tracker shows many issues dating back as far as march.
    Is the core Bukkit crew just working on 1.4 maybe, leaving 1.3 as it is?

21. Offline

TnT

Define "finished". If you mean, "will we ever reach 0 tickets?", I doubt it. Some of the tickets submitted would literally take months of work to clear off just a single one of them, and at this time there may not be any community members willing to put in those months of time to accomplish those requests. The team needs to prioritize the work, and some items are low priority.

22. Offline

chaseoes

I'm sure if vanilla Minecraft had a bug tracker it would have ones 2 years old (I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bukkit has ones 1+ years old..).

23. Offline

Briareos17

When finally it will be released?:mad:

24. Offline

MyPictures

When its done and ready to be "released"? If you want it to be "released" now then take your java tools and "release" it by yourself.

25. Offline

Rockslide

How do you guys fix these bugs anyway? I know quite a bit a Java and done plenty of hobby programming, but I don't know the Minecraft or Bukkit code :/
    Did you reverse engineer all the code and just spend hours figuring out what does what?
    I would like to help fix bugs, but I find it very hard cause I didn't write the code myself.

26. Offline

TnT

That is much more accurate a statement than you probably think.

williewillus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.