CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.4.4 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

With the news that the Minecraft 1.4.4 update will be released tomorrow, we've decided to push out a developer quality build (i.e. "it compiles and runs", no guarantees) to help us get to a Beta release faster. As of this post, we've shifted development over to Minecraft 1.4.4 compatibility and now have development builds available with Minecraft 1.4.4 support. While we would love to be able to do this for every Minecraft update, the speed at which we can update is determined by the size and complexity of the update and this varies with each release.

Please only use this build if you're familiar with the Minecraft snapshot process and would like to help us get a Beta Build out soon after Minecraft 1.4.4 is officially released. This build is COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED and if you do not know how to acquire Minecraft 1.4.4 early to use it, you should not be running it. We will be deleting any questions asking how to get this usable. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

WARNING: Minecraft 1.4.4 is an update that requires clients to update before being able to connect. Running this build will render your server inaccessible until Minecraft 1.4.4 is officially released.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. Unless we specifically have to break plugins or the plugins you are using are employing inappropriate practises, most plugins should work without needing an update whenever we put out a new release.

What is a Developer Build?
    A Developer build is provided AS IS and COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED. You should only be running these builds if you are completely aware of how to properly make use of them. Support request of ANY KIND will be removed without warning. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

Known Issues:
    • Torch flame graphical glitch resulting in a torch's flame flickering randomly on the screen. This is a Minecraft bug that can't be fixed by Bukkit.

2. Offline

uali85

I havent updated Minecraft on 1 of my Laptops and havent updated to the Bukkit beta yet. I had built a sand generator so I can make unlimited smooth sandstones for my builds. So luckily that still works. I'll keep generating sand until the new bukkit update releases.

I downloaded the update on my gaming desktop and it seems to work fine until after an hour it'll start to lag and display the High CPU Usage.

Can't wait for the new update, Great Work Dev Team! :cool:

3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Closing this topic as there is a 1.4.5 dev build out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.