CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.8.1 now available

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (#1185) with Minecraft 1.8.1 support is now available. Along with support for Minecraft 1.8.1, this new build contains several new API additions and some bugfixes. Please note: for those of you who are considering generating a new world for Minecraft 1.8, please remember that you will likely have to do the same for Minecraft 1.9.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the Recommended Build announcement thread here:
    http://goo.gl/RBvS1

Download CraftBukkit #1185 here

To keep up to date on our latest Recommended Builds we have an RSS feed you can subscribe to:
    http://ci.bukkit.org/other/latest_recommended.rss

2. Offline

OmniFizzle

FINALLYYYY!!

3. Offline

Cybo

You're the best!!! :D

4. Offline

Felirami

FUCK YEAH , Nice work bukkit dev team.

Gonna try it NOW

5. Offline

nala3

thank you good sir. I have been watching jenkins for days on end. It was worth it :3

6. Offline

XtenD

AWWWYEAH! Finnaly! Which plugin may cause black chunks?

7. Offline

Mattheyy

Ahh nice, I've been using dev builds since Bukkit 1.8 came out, amazing work guys, can't believe you are such good coders, pshhh I thought I was good...

8. Offline

Twigai

sweeeeet

9. Offline

Vahkiti

YAY now we get to use it for TWELVE WHOLE HOURS before 1.9 breaks it again! :D Get the sarcasm? Lol.

10. Offline

Kewish

Very Nice. Job well done guys!!! You'll be everyone's hero today!!

Have a beer on me.

EmpiricalDepth likes this.
  11. Offline

Harley16

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U Mad all :D ive waited such a long time

12. Offline

Seje_Aske

FINALLY COOL! :)

13. Offline

Spamandritz

Finally!! yay, my friend has been bitching at me for days to get this

14. Offline

N3M3S1S357

Awesome, already up and running! :D

15. Offline

Williamsson

You guys are awesome! :D
    Let's see how long we can have it though, with the expected 1.8.x/1.9/1.9 leak update today D:

Pim1234 likes this.
  16. Offline

Siloxis

PRAISE BUKKIT PROGRAMMERS!

Thanks guys, downloading and installing!

17. Offline

Darkone003

Great job guys! <3
    Good luck updating for 1.8.x / 1.9 later this week! ;)

18. Offline

VINDICTATOR1972

for some reason it want to run a 1.7.3 server on me when i dl the 'new' bukit...

19. Offline

Valkyr

Thank you Bukkit devs, me and my server appreciate your hard work.

20. Amazing work you guys do. Always consistent and out within in a few days of a new release. Thank you for making Minecraft more enjoyable and fun.

21. Offline

andrewkm

Thank you very much Bukkit Development team :)

22. Offline

EmpiricalDepth

Thank you!!! [gold]

23. Offline

AcidicTaco

@EvilSeph
    Great to hear this is done, I bet you worked harder on this software then Notch did with the default server software as it crashes plenty. So the brings me to ask, did you fix the issues that would cause the default server software to crash? If so, excellent work!

24. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

I've held back from using the dev builds and waited for the RB... seems ironic that as soon as its finally ready, Mojang decide to release another patch!

Both 1.7.x and 1.8.x releases were very badly timed for the Bukkit team... just goes to show how cutting edge these guys are when even they are surprised by a release, considering they have been known to have an RB uploaded within 6 hours of a new MC release. I just hope that the timing is better from now on!

Good work, I won't be updating my server just yet, preferring to continue building my new server world in SSP before copying it over to my server. Gives me time to do as much as possible before getting CB for 1.8.2 (when its ready!).

To be honest I don't think it'll be too long before 1.9 is ready, either. Both Notch and Jeb have been posting lots of screenshots of things they have added, all of them from 1.9. And its already been noted that a lot of the changes made in 1.8 were designed to make it easier in the future, so the gaps between releases should become shorter and shorter. 1.8 is only half of the "Adventure Update".

25. Offline

MAKroy

Grats, bukkit team. And thank you.

26. Offline

cnaude

Thanks! Just switched to this and most of my plugins work great. Players will be happy.

27. Offline

Azzarin

But what do you mean, when 1.9 comes you have to reganerate like everything you have made in 1.8.1 will get destroyed?
    And great WORK !! realy have been waiting for this =)

28. Is the chestbug known or is it one of my plugins? And thanx for your great work! :)

29. Offline

wachnlurn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.