Crates Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by darkmagicgod, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Offline

darkmagicgod

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: KeyedCrates

What I want: Hello. So I can't seem to find a plugin that will allow me to give players a key so they can open a crate that will give them random rewards or maybe even no rewards but it's all based of of chances like one out of ten chances they will get an item and so on.
    ~~MoreInfo~~ I would like them to be like chests but when someone clicks on it with the key lets say like the tripwire hook it will give them either random items or nothing which i can edit inside a config.

Ideas for commands: /crate give key, also some way to set the crates and their names and what not.

Ideas for permissions: Crate.open, and if any others are needed.

When I'd like it by: Whenever someone can get to it :)

2. Offline

JordyPwner

3. Offline

darkmagicgod

Don't know what more to give then what i just added on :/
    It's a plugin where i have a chest and when someone clicks on it with a key they can get random stuff like armor kits a pick money or nothing and there would be multiple chests or crates.

4. Offline

dsouzamatt

darkmagicgod I'll try making this. When you type /crate <player> you will be asked to place a crate and then a 'key' item will be given to the specified player. When they open the chest with the key in hand it will be removed from their inventory and they will be able to take the randomly generated items from inside. When they close the chest it will vanish.

How does that sound?

5. Offline

darkmagicgod

dsouzamatt I was going more for i'll have an area setup with multiple crates like one for donating or voting and maybe even a dropparty one. and players will go to the area with their key and click on the designated box for that key like dropparty key and so on.

6. Offline

dsouzamatt

Oh, ok. I get you now. So when would the key be removed?

7. Offline

darkmagicgod

Apon clicking on the crate.

8. Offline

dsouzamatt

darkmagicgod Ok, I'm working on it now. I'll have it finished later today.

9. Offline

NoErrors

10. Offline

dsouzamatt

NoErrors Do either of those use keys?

11. Offline

darkmagicgod

12. Offline

NoErrors

That's why I was asking :)

I quote

Never did I say or intend that I found the solution to you're problem.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  13. Offline

dsouzamatt

darkmagicgod Finished! You can download it here.

Here are the permissions:
    • crates.setdonator to configure options related to donator chests
    • crates.setvoter to configure options related to voter chests
    • crates.setdrop to configure options related to drop party chests
    Here are the commands:
    • /crates <donator/voter/drop> to switch on 'place-mode' for that type of chest. This simply means that whatever chests you place can only be opened with that type of key. To turn off place-mode use the command /crates done
    • /crates <donator/voter/drop> <player name> <number> to give a player the specified number of keys for a type of chest
    • /crates <donator/voter/drop> colour <the colour> to set the colour that is associated with that type of chest. This is the colour that the name of the chest will be displayed in when a player opens it. Valid colours are black, gray, blue, green, red, yellow and white.
    • /crates <donator/voter/drop> add to add the item in your hand to the list of items that may be spawned for that type of chest. To remove an item find it in the config file, delete all of its data, save the config and reload the plugin.

14. Offline

JordyPwner

15. Offline

darkmagicgod

dsouzamatt Thank you so much for your time.
    JordyPwner Theres no download link to an updated version in there.

16. Offline

JordyPwner

darkmagicgod it works like you want it on page 2 there is a download link if im not wrong

17. Offline

dsouzamatt

darkmagicgod You're welcome. If anything is playing up or you need some extra features, please feel free to ask.

18. Offline

TheOatBaron