Solved Custom enchant?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by war_man333, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

war_man333

I had an idea for an enchant, but I don't know if it's even possible with Bukkit - so before I begin researching how to make a Bukkit Plugin, I would love to hear if it's even somewhat possible.

It doesn't have to be implemented as a tool enchantment, it could be something else I guess, but here goes:

In Minecraft, you most likely mine just past diamonds all the time. Imagine if your tool could glow when you were pretty close to diamonds. Just like Frodos mithril sword in LotR. Is there a plugin like this already/can it be done?

Thanks in advance.

2. Offline

Watto

@war_man33

Sure you could check around the player entity for Diamond Ore and Enchant the item in their hand. However depending on the distance and other factors you want to detect the ore at the plugin there's a possibility it could cause quite an impact on the server.

3. Offline

war_man333

I think it also depends on how you write the code. You don't have to look very far and you don't have to look every tick. It could just look once a second or maybe less.
    What I'm specifically thinking about, is making the tool glow and adding the custom enchant. Is that possible, or are enchants hardcoded?

4. Offline

bombom3000

So, are you asking if you can enchant the pickaxe with an enchantment with a custom name, and if the server detects that then create light around the player?
    This would impact on the server a large amount, especially if there are a lot of people online.
    If I did set about doing this, when there are diamonds around, I would add an enchantment that doesn't work on that tool (e.g. aqua affinity) then test for that on that specific item that the player's holding. Creating light around the player would be important as the tool could already be glowing from being enchanted. For some light, I may use a torch and place it at the player's feet. It would also be important to make this unbreakable though.

All in all, this would be possible, but the checking process for the diamond ore and the glowing, un exploitable light source and everything would put a large amount of strain on the server. I wouldn't recommend doing this.

5. Offline

war_man333

Thanks. Well I'll just have to think of another way I could be looking for diamonds in a fair way.

How do I set the thread to resolved/close the thread?

6. Offline

bombom3000

Just at the top there should be an arrow next to something like unsolved. I can't remember where exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.