Filled Custom Name Color

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by dazrk, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dazrk

Plugin category: Chat Related

Suggested name: PerfectColors

What I want: I am looking for a plugin that would be able to change both name color and chat color. I have been looking around the plugins lists and each plugin that I find never works. What I mean is that when ever I use a namecolor plugin, it will say that the color was set, but it does not actually set the color. Also, this plugin should save the color data so it does not reset them every time the player logs out.
    Please keep in mind, I currently use essentials for my chat format. Please make sure that this plugin will overwrite the displayname to actually set a custom color.
    Ideas for commands:
    - /namecolor (color)- Changes username color
    - /chatcolor (color)- Changes chat color
    Also doing just the root command (/namecolor and /chatcolor) will display the available colors if a color is not written after the command. Example:
    - /namecolor - Will list available colors
    - /namecolor red - Changes name color to red

Ideas for permissions:
    - perfectcolors.chat.(color)
    - perfectcolors.name.(color)
    1 Permission per color?
    Examples:
    - perfectcolors.chat.red
    - perfectcolors.name.red

When I'd like it by: I do not really mind, but maybe before November 20th

Thank you, and if you can code this for me, I would really appreciate it.

2. Offline

mrCookieSlime

dazrk
    My Plugin ChatTitles adds name and chatcolors
    However it requires you to use the Chat System from RankPrefix+

Both links are in my signature.

3. Offline

dazrk

Lets say I was to start using ChatTitles. In my essentials config is where the chat format and griup prefixes are. Would I need to transfer them over to GroupManager, or would it still work? I had a previous plugin to change namecolor and it completely removed the prefix, showing only my name. mrCookieSlime

4. Offline

mrCookieSlime

dazrk
    As I said, the Plugin requires you to switch to RankPrefix+. I has its own Prefix System. You might need to spend a few minutes configuring it...
    But thats the job of a Server Owner, right? ;)

5. Offline

dazrk

Haha true mrCookieSlime. Maybe you could code me some other custom plugins if I would need them? :p

6. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Well, if you want me to make a Plugin for you. Just feel free to PM me and I will maybe fill your Request (Note that I wont make you a private Plugin, all my plugins will be available to everyone).
    But of course creating a Thread in the "Plugin Requests" Section would be better...
    Im also filling Requests there sometimes.

7. Offline

dazrk

mrCookieSlime I have tried using your ChatTitles and RankPrefix+ Plugin, but it has not satisfied my needs. Meaning, it does not work. It is neither changing the name color, nor the chat color. I am sorry, but I am still looking for a plugin which will change the name color.

8. Offline

mrCookieSlime

dazrk
    If you configured it correctly, you should be able to do /chatcolors and /namecolors to choose the Color you want to use. Also any errors?
    Maybe post your config.yml of both Plugins on pastebin?

Also, it might conflict with any other Chat Formatting Plugin, meaning, if you are using EssentialsChat, remove it.

9. Offline

dazrk

mrCookieSlime
    I have completely deleted essentialschat, and all chat formatting plugins. I set it up correctly, and it conflicted with groupmanager, and also did not set name color, nor chat color. I am sorry.

10. Offline

mrCookieSlime

dazrk
    Read this Post again. Please post your Configs and tell me whether any errors occured.

11. Offline

dazrk

I have already deleted the configs, but there were no errors. I believe I just now realized what the problem was though. I suggest putting this on your plugins's home page:
    If using essentials, be sure to change "Change-Displayname" to false in the essentials config!

12. Offline

mrCookieSlime

dazrk
    I said post your config not delete your configs...
    Also, essentials display name shouldnt be the problem though.

13. Offline

dazrk

The thing is that I deleted the configs when I noticed that the plugin was not working, therfore I cannot post the configs for you.

14. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Well anyway, if its working now...

And I will take a look at the displayname Issue.
    Also, please mark this Thread as Filled then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.