Custom permissions for specific command inputs??

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Aronix12, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Offline

Aronix12

Hey one thing my RPG server could really use is a plugin that allows me to make permission nodes in the config for SPECIFIC commands... like for example: //brush sphere fire 0 for world edit would allow someone to equip a tool that acts as long distance flint and steel... I would like to allow only a cirtain group that can do that command but not have access to //brush sphere diamondblock 20
    is that possible? please??

if a plugin exists can you post it here please? I can't seem to find one....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Offline

big02001

Aronix12 I dont know if it will work but try MyCommand, you might be able to just bind a command to a item. then when they click with that item it runs a custum comamnd that runs a set of commands you set in the config of MyCommand

3. Offline

Aronix12

I can't hope to boil this down... thx for the suggestion though... that's almost like hardcore command creating. this is an example for a config file I am looking for:

commands:
    '1':
    input: //brush sphere water 0
    permission-node: customperm.perm.1
    '2':
    input: //schematic load something.schematic
    permission-node: customperm.perm.2
    'example'
    input: /something
    permision-node: customperm.perm.example

something along these lines would be great! I will continue my search.

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Aronix12 Don't think that we can add perms to bukkit while bypassing the original ones, you need to add those as well, woupd give the players access to the entire command though.

5. Offline

Aronix12

couldn't you make it so that you also put in a base input?? so for the '1' example that you could put base-input: //brush and that would tell is to only allow the "input" to work?? so I would give them the permission like normal and then give them the perm in the config. so even though they "technically" have the permission this plugin will deny them permission to use that unless it's exactally //brush sphere water 0. would that idea work?

'1':
    input: //brush sphere water 0
    base-input: //brush
    permission-node: myperm.perm.1

just for example. and if that doesn't work maybe putting in the actual permission node from the plugin?

for the above case the base-input, if permission node is needed, I would put: worldedit.brush.sphere

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Online

Aronix12 Changing the base input isn't a good idea generally speaking, certainly not when you only want to allow a certain part of the command, not the entire command. You might be able to let it run as OP command though with CommandHelper. Then they have temporary permission for the command.

7. Offline

Aronix12

well you wouldn't "change" the base input... the base input line would just tell it to control that command via text or if that dosn't work by permission node of the acctual command from the plugin it's from. basically it's telling it what it needs to restrict. or is that what you mean by that isn't a good idea?

8. Online

You need to give permissions for the base command anyways. Won't be able to use the command otherwise, I suggest using CommandHelper to handle all that stuff. It is able to OP a person, run the command, de-OP the person again. Person doesn't notice but he / she will be able to use the brush.