Custom Player Method???

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheUpdater, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheUpdater

i want to be able to do for ex; p.GiveCookie(Cookie.SUPERBIG);

p.GiveCookie();
    p.StandStill();

how would i do this!

2. Offline

SmooshCakez

Custom Bukkit build, or a class that extends Player, and use that. For the cookies, just use player.getInventory().addItem(ItemStack...);

3. Offline

mythbusterma

TheUpdater

You learn Java and understand why SmooshCakez 's idea is bad. Don't extend player, just create a class that accompanies a player and is linked to them by their UUID.

4. Offline

TheUpdater

wel i found a way to do this ty for helping, you know how to make every leter lower caste besides the first one in a string?

COOKIE

then use code to get it to this

Cookie

5. Offline

mrCookieSlime

public static String format(String string) {
    return Character.toUpperCase(string.toLowerCase().charAt(0)) + string.toLowerCase().substring(1);
    }

6. Offline

TheUpdater

dident work i got CCOOKIE

EDIT i did it wrong but still get all uppercase its an enum class if it helps

7. Offline

mrCookieSlime

TheUpdater
    Just use format(Material.COOKIE.toString());
    It should work...

8. Offline

SmooshCakez

Having a class that extends Player isn't bad if all he's doing with the methods he adds is using existing Bukkit features, not changing anything that already exists.

9. Offline

mythbusterma

SmooshCakez

Assuming you don't create memory leaks all over the place.

10. Offline

xTrollxDudex

If you know English, take the time to spell correctly, I can hardly read it. If it is not your native language, ignore this.

Basically, split by first character and uppercase first letter, and then append the second split lowercased to the first letter uppercase.

11. Offline

ChipDev

Extend player and make static methods, then you could use the player constructor in your method, like Player.giveCookie(enum cookie);

12. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Did you even read OP?

13. Offline

ChipDev

14. Offline

xTrollxDudex

p mean player instance, not random static method. That also will never work because you can't use the instance of the player in a static method...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.