Day and Night in Skylands

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by LibertasMens, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LibertasMens

I've been searching around and have yet to find anything on it.

Is it possible to enable time to flow in Skylands? I suppose my idea of it is either regularly changing the time to make it flow like in the regular world, or changing the skybox to appear as if time were changing.

Is there such a thing, or is it possible?

2. Offline

Jobsti

Yep, I want Day & Night too, would be awsome.. Snowing too ;)

3. Offline

LibertasMens

Bumpity Bump. I would really like to have this.

Skylands would be extremely pleasant with changing time.

4. Offline

niugnip

Bump.

I'd love skylands during the night :S

5. Offline

ichingpow

It is possible by copying over the region files to a regular world.

6. Offline

Str1fe

I assume that weather still won't work properly?

7. Offline

ichingpow

You obviously don't understand how this works. If you copy over the region files, nothing else, it will have skylands terrain but with normal world biomes and weather and sun. Atleast theoratically.

Str1fe likes this.
  8. Offline

Str1fe

Ah, good to hear. And I do have an understanding of how a minecraft world is structured, I simply thought that weather-functions where decided within the region files. As you pointed out, I was wrong.
    On the other hand, this is highly irrelevant. Thank you kindly for enlightening me on the subject.

9. Offline

zipfe

If you use multiverse, stop the server, edit the .yml and change environment from SKYLANDS to NORMAL, restart server. Don't forget that new explored chunks will be NORMAL as well, which of course looks stupid, so use borderguard or something similar to avoid new chunks after changing the environment.

10. I guess this will set new explored chunks as normal as well, right ?

11. Offline

ichingpow

Correct.

12. Offline

LibertasMens

I've been working on a plugin, LibertasLoader, which will generate chunks ahead of time. That way, you can generate a lot of space in the style of Skylands, then convert to Normal. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.