Demigods Rewrite

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by marinating, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

marinating

Hi everyone, I am the creator of the Demigods plugin, and I'm planning to do a significant rewrite of a lot of the old (pre-1.5) and inefficient code. With 1.9 coming out soon I plan to take full advantage of EXP orbs and the like, and I was wondering what kind of features the general public would like to see in this plugin- even if you've never used it before- that you think would be cool in a mythology based RPG style plugin.

2. Offline

Zaros

My suggestion from many moons ago, which was to add a config to bake it usable only in nether (or specific worlds)

3. From what I recall, the current Demigods v0.7.2 has that option in the config.

4. Offline

Zaros

Oh... Sweet! *Checks*

5. Offline

Nerevarine692

A much more detailed config, with different options to customize for us server admins. I LOVE the mod, but as I told you before it made everyone wayy too powerful. They couldn't die in lava or fire, etc. My players love the mod too.

Also, Maybe make a way to limit how many shrines can be made? We had an idea to construct for each god one large temple or area specifically to them. That way everyone could be in a centralized area according to which god they choose. Instead of everyone having 10 shrines in their basements for each one.. someone managed to get 3 working at once.. not sure how.

And of course, If you'd like, more gods/titans!

6. Offline

marinating

@Nerevarine692 The detailed config is for sure, but I'm considering rewriting the whole shrines feature. There may be a limited number of shrines and the way you gain power/favor may also be changed since we now have EXP orbs and levelling.
    Mechanically, since we now have levelling and hunger, I'm looking for interesting ways to integrate new features into the plugin. I've been wanting to rewrite it for a while anyways.

7. Offline

Jogy34

You should take advantage of the npc's for instance they could give you things depending on the god/titian you are in the alliance of.

8. Offline

marinating

That's 1.9- I mean 1.8 specific features that exist in Bukkit already.

If a good NPC API comes out I'll be sure to use it though.

9. Offline

Nerevarine692

There's always Cititzens? Although it's buggy and no idea when they'll bother to update.

Lol. Scratch that, it just did...

10. Offline

Spazamataz

A few suggestions

Not sure if this is something that just naturally happens with bukkit but if not make it compatible with dynamap (dynamic map)

Also possibly try and make pvp a bigger part and more fairness within the classes possibly changing the way abilities work so there is one non pvp ability, one pvp ability and obviously the ulimate ability. (Depending on your god, either the passive ability or the non passive is the pvp ability.)

Finally get quail to fix his shit and get the server running, I've tried joining it for like two months to no avail and the only other pvp server with grief that runs it is pay for play and while I have the money I have no way of reliably an safely getting it over. Therefore ask quail to do something with it or make it easier for others to use it on their servers.

You could also add like a gaia type god/titan that has either an ultimate power of fully growing all crops in a hundred block squared radius or just a passive thing that makes all blocks around you grow twice as fast or something.

11. Offline

CronusRuler

Firat of all, I am a massive fan of this plugin, and I can't wait for release of rewrite!

I would love the return of the Old shrines, like the ones that were around back in early Demigods.
    Maybe try adding new powers for gods, maybe more Magic/PVP based. And try to return the old minor gods
    and the other ones that you removed. I found that they made it more fun. Also try to make Demigods more user-friendly. Maybe people on my server find it quite hard to understand. So I watse half my time when they join trying to explain it all to them.

Thanks, good luck in the rewrite! Gonna love it, sounds great already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.