Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

chisox8

Oh, great! Srry, wasn't aware of that. Thanks so much Afforess! Your plugins are great!

Quick side question: Is this plugin incompatible with OpenInv? Because my server was crashing and when I disabled OpenInv it was fine... just a thought.... thanks!

3. Offline

Afforess

Should work with OpenInv. There was an issue, way back with 0.0.4, but not with the later versions.

4. Offline

chisox8

Hmm... interesting. I will take a look again, thanks!

@Afforess also, do you know anything about the plugin Player Editor? Its a plugin that uses bukkitcontrib. You probably don't, but it is worth a shot.

Do you know if it is at all compatible with groupmanager? Because I have bukkitcontrib and playereditor installed and when I try to use a command it just says "Unknown console command. Type /help for help."

Just a question, you probably don't know. Thanks!

EDIT: Srry, disregard, I figured this one out! Should be compatible by the 6th of July... thanks!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  5. Offline

SirNasty2nd

Anyway of fixing the:
    2011-07-02 20:18:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to BukkitContrib

Here's an addon to this^:
    2011-07-02 20:18:44 [INFO] SirNasty [/99.101.248.170:64157] logged in with entity id 125 at ([world] -420.9617322690773, 83.25, -152.71224820199376)
    2011-07-02 20:18:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:41)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:197)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(ContribPlayerListener.java:21)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-02 20:20:04 [INFO] WorldEdit: SirNasty: /
    2011-07-02 20:21:16 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:41)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:197)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.getContribPlayer(ContribCraftPlayer.java:223)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(ContribPlayerListener.java:53)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:552)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getInventoryFromContainer(ContribNetServerHandler.java:371)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getDefaultInventory(ContribNetServerHandler.java:77)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:127)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet101CloseWindow.a(SourceFile:16)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getInventoryFromContainer(ContribNetServerHandler.java:371)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getDefaultInventory(ContribNetServerHandler.java:77)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:127)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet101CloseWindow.a(SourceFile:16)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

ultimak

Take 5 seconds to read the thread and you would have the answer to your question. Afforess has stated multiple times that it would be out by the 4th of july.

7. Offline

Jan Tojnar

@Afforess Could you add cloud control (height the clouds are in, turning clouds off, color?)? It would be great for StyxSpace and other alternative world generators.

8. Offline

Afforess

Absolutely.

Progress Update:

I'm still waiting on MCP to update the client. It looks like it will be out in the next 12 hours. Then I will need 2-3 hours to port over.

I've finished the "Improved Chat Lite" for BukkitContrib. Don't be fooled, I did not rip off any Improved Chat code, it's entirely new. It supports all of the features that were outlined back on page 20. (or was it page 21?) It's lightwieght, fast, and also supports messages of infinite length (unliked IC, which had a 300 char max message length, and vanilla which has a 100 char max length. ) I think you will be pleased.

I added a stop music command to background music. I've deprecated most of the API in the sound manager, as I require the plugin instance to be passed in for proper music caching. Music will be cached per plugin. If you want to have your music uncached, pass null in as the plugin parameter, and it will be deleted upon login of a new server.

I am going to quickly add support for multiline living entity title labels. I will add more API for that as well.

Then to quickly add some custom cloud API, and finalize the GUI API. There is no way the GUI will be done for 0.0.9, but it will be for 0.1.

Also, note that the Optimine enhancements and some of my own will be in 0.0.9

9. Offline

Mijuil1

Afforess
    Sorry for my English
    Please explain how players can add new skins.
    They just put the skin in Minecraft.jar?

10. Offline

Jan Tojnar

You need some other plugin. This plugin just provides interface for other plugins to be able change skin.

11. Offline

DylanP

Just a quick question,

all features in this are optional, right? I don't want everything it can do to be enabled, only the chest logging stuff that LogBlock makes possible w/ the use of this plugin. Please like my post/quote it so I get notified when you respond.

Thanks!

12. Offline

Mijuil1

Recommend a good plugin to change the skin
    My players are real terrorists and kill my brain for skins

13. Offline

IceReaper

hm... am i understanding this right?:
    your players cant change skin so you want the plugin to do it for them? that looks like a server with a lot of cracked users?

edit: btw. what about the following features:
    1. custom blocks / as soon as a client gets a block he doesnt know, he send a package so server "what-is-this?", server sends back itemname and texture for the given blockid. (and show dummy name model while not loaded: { name: "item loading...", texture: "bedrock.png" } )
    2. custom items / same as above. (and show dummy name model while not loaded: { name: "item loading...", texture: "bedrock.png" } )
    3. cusotm Mobs / hm.. show a dummy model (playermodel) till loaded.

when having a explicit api for this i could complete my following features:
    1. i've included a mount-system into my plugin, so i could use pigs as working mounts, when having custom mobs i could add a specific mount for each faction
    2. i've included different virtual armor with stats into my plugin, actualy they just change skin. So i can send custom items to client -> awesome. that makes me think of another idea:

when using multiple-lines npc / player names, multiple line object names would also be great than, with color support. that way i can realy show the item stats...

I know this is a bunch of work. hm... maybe ill try to add one of that features myself when you released 0.0.9 and send you the .patch for them, when i manage to get something to work (if you want)

14. Offline

mpuk_cl0ne

15. Offline

IceReaper

1. which version of bukkit?
    2. which version of bukkitContrib?

16. Offline

FrostyWolf

Guys, this is a API for other mods. If your not a plugin developer or run a server that uses a plug in that needs this, it's not for you. If your on a server that uses it you need to grab the client (when its updated).
    The server mod doesn't do anything by itself, it is only their to help other plugin developers do new and interesting things with their plugin.
    The client mod will give some benifits, but you probably shouldn't be using client mods on your server unless they are allowed.
    If your run a server and you are checking this out, this is not a tool to get skins on to your illegal server. This is a API that allows plugins like player edit to work.
    If your are interested in using this, I suggest you wait till he releases it offically for 1.7.2, updates his first post with a list of plugins that use it, and then decide if you need to install this to support any of those plugins. The Client side part would be a great option if your just looking at improving the chat features and also making some improvments on how Minecraft runs on lower end machines.

17. The post about enabled/disabled features was most likely referring to the client mod, which has the extra features included.

18. Offline

FrostyWolf

The only thing the client mod has on it, as I posted, that could be considered a extra feature you can even visably see is the chat improvments. I can't imagine why anyone would want to disable them. It's more of a fix then a feature.

19. I never said I had a problem with it. :p

20. Offline

FrostyWolf

I was just under the assumption that a LOT of the people posting here think that this plugin does everything it says it can do, all the time. They don't realize the things he is listing hes adding are features that other plugin developers can then make a plugin in for. We he says "Now you can do this with music" it doesn't mean that now your server admin is going to be screwing with your music. It means someone can make a plugin to screw with your music. So if you don't want the music to be screwed with, go talk to the person making the music plugin or your server admin.
    He's giving tools, what other people makes with said tools is up to them.

21. Offline

Orcem12

He's very much right, this plugin allows us to make plugins that change... well you can read: "in an attempt to bring the minecraft multiplayer experience to par with the single player mods available already."
    [DEV] tag should have given it away.... ;)

Can't wait until 953 update ^^

22. Offline

FrostyWolf

You would think so, but when you look at some of the posts in here, you just want to /facepalm.

23. Offline

cronikkk

@Afforess
    So I was playing around in my server and put a CD in the jukebox thing, and that flashing text appeard in the middle of the screen. Its like a flashing rainbow-type text. Could you figure out an API type thing for that.

24. Offline

Afforess

This plugin doesn't have "features", per-se. Not like other plugins. Put this plugin on your server, launch the game, and nothing changes. Nothing. Install the client mod. Nothing changes. Nothing.

It doesn't really come with features. Features are outside of the scope of this plugin. There is nothing to be made optional because there are no features. I'm not sure how to make that clearer.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons for having control of skins. E.g a players vs Zombies plugin.
    All of this is part of the long term vision and plan.

It's just text that appears in the screen. You will be able to write your own custom messages on the main HUD with the GUI API.

Exactly.

25. Offline

halvors

@Afforess:
    What about start a project for make a client side "Bukkit" with plugin loader and a good communication with the server?

26. Offline

Afforess

That's the long term plan for this project. You're looking at it. The GUI is going to be the first example of this.

If you want to help out, let me know.

27. Offline

halvors

I've interested in making a client "Bukkit" mod. Think client things should be handled by plugins in the client.
    I'm interested in help out :D

28. Offline

Afforess

Come on IRC.

29. Offline

contex

That problem is fixed in AuthDB 2.3.0 :)

Digi likes this.
  30. Offline

halvors

#bukkidev or some bukkitcontrib room?

31. Offline

DylanP

Hello,

Sorry to rush but how's the update coming, @Afforess ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.