DisguiseCraft Reminder

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PapiDimmi, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PapiDimmi

UPDATE: Read post #8!

You know in Block Hunt (in servers like MinePlex) when you're disguised as a block, it shows you the block in your hot bar to remind you of what block you're disguised as, and sama goes with mobs; when you're disguised as mobs, it shows you the mob drop item in your hot bar (for example: pig-rawporkchop, creeper-gunpowder, chicken-feather, etc.). Well, I would want this for DisguiseCraft as well, being that Block Hunt uses DisguiseCraft/MobDisguise.

Suggested name for plugin: DisguiseCraft Reminder or DisguiseCraft Hotbar

What it does: When disguising as something, it shows an item that represents the mob, player or block in the last slot in your hotbar (configurable).
    You (obviously) cannot use the items that shows up in the hotbar when you're disguised. They're just for display.

Configuration file:
    In the config file, you can configure what item will show when you disguise as something.
    You can't change what shows up when you disguise as a block, because it will always just show the block you're disguised as.
    And you can't change what shows up when you disguise as a player, because it will always just show the player head of the player you're disguised as.
    What you CAN configure, though, is what shows up when you disguise as a certain mob. For example, pig shows raw porkshop, cow shows raw beef, Enderdragon shows Dragon egg, Wither shows Wither skull, creeper shows gunpowder, Enderman shows Ender Pearl, and so on. You can configure this in the config file because if you don't want, say, a pig to show raw porkchop, you can get it to show a pig spawn egg instead, and if you don't want a creeper to show gunpowder, you can get it to show a TNT block, a creeper spawn egg or a creeper head. Whatever you want really.

You can also configure what slot in the hotbar the item shows up in.
    Example of default configuration for this:
    # The slot the item shows up in. (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9)
    item-slot: 9

Commands:
    (dcr stands for DisguiseCraft Reminder)
    /disguisecraftreminder toggle (alias: /dcr t) - toggles the plugin on and off. When it's off, the items doesn't show up in your hotbar when you're disguised anymore.
    /disguisecraftreminder change <mob> <item-id/item-name> (alias: /dcr c <mob> <item-id/item-name>) - changes the item that shows up for mobs. Example: /dcr c pig 320
    /disguisecraftreminder reload (alias: /dcr r) - simply reloads the config file

Permission nodes:
    disguisecraftreminder.* - all permission nodes
    disguisecraftreminder.toggle - can use the /disguisecraftreminder toggle command
    disguisecraftreminder.change - can use the /disguisecraftreminder change command
    disguisecraftreminder.reload - can use the /disguisecraftreminder reload command

2. Offline

PapiDimmi

3. Offline

PapiDimmi

-bump- :oops:

4. Offline

JordyPwner

Ask the Developer of the Plugin ;)

5. Offline

DotDash

Sorry bud.

6. Offline

PapiDimmi

This is just a simple add-on that will activate when using a command that another plugin has. Nothing more.

Well then, I guess I've violated the rules..

7. Offline

Nosliw

I'm not too knowledgeable about these rules, but it doesn't "modify" the plugin, it adds to it, likely using the API that DisguiseCraft already provide. I would be happy to make something like this, but I will wait for other peoples thoughts on if this violates the rules.

If it doesn't.. Would using the EnderDragon health bar to display "You are currently a: pig" be a more preferable idea? That way you still have full use of your inventory.

PapiDimmi likes this.
  8. Offline

PapiDimmi

That's even a better idea than mine, mate!

Actually, a message in the boss bar (Ender Dragon health bar) that's just the name of the mob/player you currently are, like "pig", "Notch", "villager" would be even better!

Someone make this. :p

9. Offline

PapiDimmi

Nosliw 's idea combined with mine is great (read post #8).

I really, o' really, do hope that somebody, just anybody, are willing to make this sort of plugin any time soon!

Even better: This plugin could use the API of the plugin BarAPI! ;)

Bump? :'(

10. PapiDimmi RE: The boss bar - That's the sort of feature that should go as a request to the plugin developer.

11. Offline

PapiDimmi

RE: The sort of feature tht should go as request to the plugin developer -
    Well, no. Firstly, they will never add it. They don't update the plugin so often, and they won't read the comments.
    Secondly, this is not a modification, but an add-on.

12. PapiDimmi Yes, you'd use it as an addon, but it's not a very extensive add-on, it's a single additional feature.

13. Offline

PapiDimmi

Does it matter, really? This plugin will not modify DisguiseCraft in any way. It will just add a little thing on to it.

There exists many WorldGuard add-ons, for instance. They just add one, two or a couple of extra flags to use with WorldEdit. That's totally OK, innit?

I don't understand why this plugin is so terrible breaking the laws of the Bukkit forum. This is not changing anything about DisguiseCraft, it's just, as said, adding a little extra feature onto it.

14. PapiDimmi It's not against the rules but since it's such a small add-on it should be a feature request. The reason some of the examples you mentioned exist is because some of the features aren't so simple. And it'd take a while to add them all in to WorldGuard. :)

15. I will look into this but no guarantee.

16. Offline

PapiDimmi

17. PapiDimmi Ok update 1: The bossbar is ok and I can do that fine. The block part will take more looking into to.
    Update 2: Got the bar to update (check if bar needs to be changed) when a command is done.

If you have a good idea on how I can update the bar I would love to hear it.

18. Offline

Nosliw

bwfcwalshy I believe Disguisecraft has an API and has a DisguiseEvent of some kind, hook into that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.