Double Jump

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by zag09, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Offline

zag09

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: Double Jump

What I want: I would like a plugin that allows you to double jump by double tapping space.

I have seen this working on smash craft, basically it gives you creative fly for about 2 seconds and that's the double jump. I would like to have it play a sound effect when enabled? perhaps a wind sound effect.

I would also like this to be compatible with no cheat plus if possible.

I would also like it to have a config where I can set the time(in seconds) the double jump lasts for, so for example... seconds in air:2

One last thing... I would like this to have an interval or cool down so that they don't abuse or spam space bar to get permanent flying... maybe a check to see if the player has landed on the ground before they are able to double jump again?

Ideas for commands: /doublejump reload

Ideas for permissions: doublejump.allow
    doublejump.config (allows to reload the config)

When I'd like it by: This week

Thank you

2. Offline

sajagrules

This would be a good plugin, but couldnt you just give them some sort of high jump potion instead, so that they dont overuse the creative fly, but thats my thought. If you are looking for something else...

3. Offline

wheatley09

I think this would require a client mod, not just a server mod. You can just give them a high jump using potion effects.

4. Offline

Reptar_

If you do it like MCSmash, have them hold an item, click with it, and it shoots you up.

5. Offline

number1_Master

The craftbukkit API doesn't log the spacebar key action. In other words, it is possible to make the player double jump by setting his / her's velocity to something higher BUT it cannot be done when the spacebar is double tapped. It can be done if the player right / punches with an item ...

6. Offline

zag09

Or... instead of double jumping, give them creative fly for about 2 seconds, then disable and check if they are on the ground before they can fly again? Just my thoughts. I think that would solve the not loging the spacebar key action