Dynamic Picture in Map?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ccrama, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ccrama

Hello Devs,

Is there a reletively easy way to dynamically draw an image on a map? I am looking for something like this image I threw together:
    [​IMG]

I know I could possibly use images for every combination of captures/locks, but I would much rather write code that would create the map for me. If anyone has any ideas or methods to do this, please comment below!

Thanks,
    ccrama

2. Offline

Not2EXceL

edit the pixels of the image to display what you want? Still manually doing everything in a way though

in essence you're only using one(or a few) bufferedimage(s) but just changing the pixels to display what you want.

could do the same thing with bytes as well.

3. Offline

ccrama

Not2EXceL Is there a way to select many pixels at once, and not have to go through every one one at a time?

4. Offline

Not2EXceL

ccrama
    You could try use a template and a floodfill algorithm, just for those squares make a black border in the pic so that the flood fill changes the inside. For the text part, you'd want to make a method that can change pixels correlating to an input string starting at a location in the pixels.
    Yes, it'll be a lot of work to dynamically do everything. It'd be simpler just to have several images.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.