Dynamic text with blocks

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by DrMedia, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DrMedia

EDIT: Posted in wrong section so moved here.

Hi there. I'm currently a developer of a server network and have been asked to create a hub plugin. I've done it all but there is one thing I'm stumped on; how to create dynamic text with blocks that changes ever x seconds? I've seen it before on a few servers but haven't really played with anything like this before. Basically, the server owners want it to display text along the lines "Welcome to UprisingMC", "Minigames", that changes between the two every 25 seconds and also centers them both (at a location). If anybody could give me a head start or snippet, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Offline

The_Doctor_123

Set blocks at locations to form text.

3. Offline

DrMedia

I know that but I do not know how to write text with blocks and how to center them ;p

4. Offline

The_Doctor_123

DrMedia
    There's no API that writes text with blocks, much less center it. You're going to have to write your own methods and logic.

5. Offline

DrMedia

I know that.. I've been programming with the bukkit API for about two years now..

6. Offline

The_Doctor_123

DrMedia
    So, are you asking us to whip up code on how to do this? It's not exactly the smallest and easiest code to write.

7. Offline

DrMedia

No, I was just curious on how I would write the text in block form.

8. Offline

Garris0n

Two years and you have no idea how to do this? No offense but you should be capable of figuring it out. What aspect are you stuck on exactly?

9. Offline

DrMedia

I figured it out ;) It's because I've never ever touch anything to do with blocks much.. Anyway I found out how to generate the text; just working on centering it.

itsCrafted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.