[ECON] floAuction - In-game Auctions

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Flobi, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Offline

Flobi

floAuction

This plugin is in only one way inactive. I don't update or pay attention to this forum. In my defense, this forum section was obsoleted BEFORE I created floAuction. Check the http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/floauction/ page. It's quite well active. I have no intention of updating this page anymore.

Note: While this plugin does require Vault, it does not require any economy software (starting in v2.1)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  2. Offline

md_5

Approved.

Flobi likes this.
  3. Offline

zackrox

add a video tutorial!

4. Offline

Flobi

5. Offline

Flobi

Update to 2.2.0 with a couple new features for you guys.

Also a note for excitement, I'm extracting the gold standard option from floAuction and am making a new plugin that will link into Vault (negotiations are already under way) to make using gold as currency a viable option for any plugin! And a devbukkit page has already been created (no files though, I'm not at that point yet).

6. Offline

Flobi

Found a bug, fixed it. 2.2.1.

I don't actually have a computer fast enough to make a video that's not extremely choppy. Hmm....maybe my work computer could do it. I'll see if I can stay late at work one day and try it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

RiotShielder

Could you add like "Auction slots"
    I.E. each auction has a sign, and each sign can only hold 1 auction at a time, if there aren't enough signs you can't make an auction until there is a new slot. This way we could have a building for auctions and make it a little more visual for players. Just a suggestion though :p

8. Offline

Flobi

I've decided not to add a video tutorial because the comments to do so are becoming spam. The rest of the stuff seems reasonable, I'll consider it.

9. Looks fun to use, I will look into it.

10. Offline

RiotShielder

I would be happy to do one for you, if you want :p

11. Offline

Flobi

That would be totally awesome! Yeah, my computer's a little old, it can handle editing text files (which is what programming essentially is) and running Minecraft with Firefox open, but not much past that. Minecraft takes nearly as much to run as Sims 3 which I can barely run on my computer anymore after installing the last couple expansions.

EDIT: If you really like doing tutorials, WhatIsIt and GoldIsMoney could use some. It'd add to your channel and to the plugins. What is your channel, I will subscribe right away.

12. Offline

vinbin

How come when i install the .jar, put it into my plugins folder, run the server. And it doesnt generate a config file? i really need/want this plugin for my server and it wont work D: This happens on a couple plugins i have tried. Help me? :D Thank you.

13. Offline

RiotShielder

I have some free-time right now so I will make one, I really don't have any videos right now because there really isn't a purpose for me to make them, but now that I have one :p I will probably make it in an hour or two, kinda early for me to be talking about plug-ins :3

14. Offline

Flobi

Also, could you elaborate on the Sign functionality you requested. It's probably going to take me a bit either way because I have to separate out the code so multiple auctions can run simultaniously...I had started, but ended up going away from that for convenience and now I have a bit of code I'm going to have to go through to actually do it :( . I should have just done that in the beginning.

15. Offline

RiotShielder

Well basically the idea would be to make an auction house, meh, I will just make a video to explain, it, tis a bit complicated :3

16. Offline

Flobi

I look forward to it. I think I would like to add that...so much stuff to do, so little time.

I'm kinda excited watching the stats on this plugin, though: http://mcstats.org/plugin/floAuction . In 1 week, the number of servers has quadrupled!

IMPORTANT UPDATE! 2.4.1
    • FIXED: Player looses item if auctioning with insufficient funds. (v2.4.1) Only affects servers with auction start tax.
    • Prevent world change when auctioning or bidding. (v2.4.1)
    • Prevent gamemode change when auctioning or bidding. (v2.4.1)

17. Offline

Flobi

Seems to be holding steady at just over 60 servers the past couple days. More of you guys need to know how awesome floAuction is. Know now! :)

Also, don't forget to check out GoldIsMoney, the brand new server economy based on cold hard inventory gold. It seems to be stuck in the Submissions forum, but it's complete and awesome!

18. Offline

vinbin

Please help me. It does not generate a config file when i put it in my plugins folder and then run my cmd. Please help me

19. Offline

Flobi

Check your dependencies. Do you have WhatIsIt and Vault installed? Are you getting console errors, and if so include them? What version number do you have? You should always address these questions in you opening help request on any plugin.

Found another bug...a null pointer when using /auction suspend. I've fixed it in the code and it'll be fixed in 2.4.3, but it's such a small issue because besides a nasty fingerprint in the console and error on the screen, it still functions. It's the line right before it spits out the "success" of suspending with the error so that line, which doesn't need to be done if it's null anyways and the message to the user are the only thing in that part which don't happen. Lots of jargon, just ignore the error, your auctions will suspend fine.

20. Offline

jackshow

I have a lot of java errors.. I have all the requirements and I set everything up correctly..

21. Offline

Flobi

Well, I'm uploading a video. It's here: (assuming everything goes right), but says it'll take like 6 hours to finish uploading. I'm not going to be around then to attach it as a video, but I figured I'd post a link in case anyone is after it's done but before I come back.

What floAuction version? What errors? What bukkit version? Dude, basics here really!

22. Offline

jackshow

When will it be updated

23. Offline

Perlborg

This plugin works great :)

24. Offline

Flobi

This is a little late, but updated for what? The only thing I know of that I was late on updating for was books, and that's because hooking into books was absurd. The multiple auction thing is simply going to take a while, especially with my actual jobs requiring more of me lately. And I did update the OP here today. Many times I forget to, but you can always find the most up to date information on the dev bukkit page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/floauction/

Thanks! I think so too :).

25. Offline

ShadowOfAGamer

[diamond] WOW [diamond] This plugin is amazing! I literally had a lot of players bidding and making auctions on items! Thank you! By the way, I love your style in ponies :)

26. Offline

sfmplayer

Looks fun to use, I will look into it.

27. Offline

Flobi

This plugin is in only one way inactive. I don't update or pay attention to this forum. In my defense, this forum section was obsoleted BEFORE I created floAuction. Check the http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/floauction/ page. It's quite well active. I have no intention of updating this page anymore.