Emulating Default Mojang Server Behavior with CraftBukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by EdGruberman, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EdGruberman

I'd like to offer up a reference for people to know the command line options to help them get CraftBukkit to operate as closely as possible to how the default Mojang Minecraft Server behaves. This will probably be of most use to people who develop custom wrappers and want to minimize the changes to their wrappers to support CraftBukkit servers as well.

There is discussion in the Console consult thread that has led me to think this should be an easy reference somewhere. Perhaps even the Wiki should be updated someplace appropriately?

-Duser.language=en will ensure the locale is forced to English. (This sets log entry prefixes like [INFO], [WARN], and [SEVERE] to always be such, and that they do not reflect the local language settings on the OS.)
    -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal will remove the custom console modifications CraftBukkit employs. (Note: Additional ">" characters will still appear on the Standard Output stream.)
    -d"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" sets the date/time stamp on log entries to match the format of the Mojang server implementation.

Note 1: CraftBukkit does not come with a GUI, so the "nogui" option you typically use on the Mojang server does not apply.

Note 2: The initial "java" command has a lot of complications on different OSes as to which runtime environment gets used. The topic of that is beyond the scope of this thread.

Please add any other parameters/corrections you are aware of below and I'll try to keep this first post updated as appropriate.

2. Offline

EdGruberman

Build #794 now has the -nojline option available that does all this simply now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.