Enforcing the new life rule

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by zachoooo, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

zachoooo

I want to create a server that enforces the new life rule (once you die all memories of your previous life is forgotten). So basically let's say you get killed in game, you can't just go back and get a revenge kill and get all your stuff back. The only problem is that this rule only works if people follow it. Even then, people are less likely to act as they normally would have if they hadn't remembered everything from before.

I am a plugin dev so I was thinking about creating a plugin that gave people a random name every time a player respawned. The only problem is that this would get really confusing for the players that didn't die. Is there anyway I could write a plugin or enforce this rule that would make it easy for everyone involved?

2. Offline

Marten Mooij

3. Offline

zachoooo

Wouldn't that still be really confusing? Perhaps even more confusing? For one it would be really difficult to discern who you're talking to and also when people talk to you. Additionally shuffling around the numbers everytime someone died would be just as confusing as my name shuffling idea. I feel like using TagAPI to make a change would help, but I need a way for living people to retain their memory, while all traces of past information is hidden from a player when they die.

4. Offline

Skye

zachoooo How about a plugin that erases their inventory and block changes when they die?

5. Offline

Marten Mooij

zachoooo No, my idea was that each player is given a number. Example: 1 - Marten. The number will stay the same but the name of the player will change when he/she dies.

6. Offline

zachoooo

That sounds possible, but someone could still remember the number if they wanted to. I don't really have any better ideas though so this might work. A number like 437278 is much harder to remember to take vengeance against than a standard username.
    I already am going to erase their inventory. I want a way to try and make players not be able to identify who did what to them in the past.

7. Offline

Marten Mooij

zachoooo How about giving each player a color?
    EDIT: Although there aren't that many colors...

8. Offline

zachoooo

Perhaps the best way would be to allow people to change their name tags and in game chat names at an interval. We could also have mandatory name changes every so often to ensure people have minimal memory of who is who once they've died. Everyone involved could change their name and it would be harder to tell who is who.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.