Error, really have no clue what it is.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Stealez, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TnT

Your Java looks to need to be reinstalled - if you're getting an error like that from just a simple "java -version" output, then Java is screwed. If your Java path was wrong, you'd get an error stating something like: "cannot find the file specified".

Open up x64 IE - go to java.com - download and install.

2. Offline

Stealez

Already tried, if you read the thread I've stated that a few times now.

3. Offline

Jeyge

I've read most of the thread and it seems as though you deleted Java instead of uninstalling it. This is a very bad thing to do for installed programs as you already know. What you need now is some sort of Java cleanup program to remove the rest of the settings that deleting the directories didn't clean up. I sure wouldn't guess you are the only person to have done this so there should be something out there. Once the old installs are gone, you should be able to reinstall.

4. Offline

Stealez

How do I get one of those cleanups? I really have deleted it, thinking it'd fix the problem.

Why did I nor anyone else think of this? I dragged my java folders from my recycling bin back into their correct places. I'm still getting the same error when starting the console, though.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  5. Offline

pomo4ka

6. Offline

Stealez

Oh my god. I've already tried that.

7. Offline

pomo4ka

The same problem or have another?

8. Offline

EvilSeph

I really shouldn't have to ask these questions, they're all covered when you click the red button up top.

What operating system are you using? I know Windows, but more specifically?

9. Offline

TnT

If following this post by pomo4ka doesn't work, and you get the same error, you're going to need to contact Oracle - your Java is screwed. What I would do - uninstall Java properly. Then go through your registry and delete all traces of Java. Then go through your directories, and delete all traces of Java. Maybe then you can reinstall.

Or you could go to extreme measures and reinstall your OS and Java.

You may totally screw your computer up if you're not careful in your registry, so be careful - and we are not to blame if you do totally screw up everything. (Backup, backup, backup.)

You're so far beyond the scope of what we can help with, there isn't much we can do.

10. Offline

Stealez

@Evil
    @TnT I'm not advanced in registry, but i'm trying one last measure. If it doesn't work I'll be screwed then.

11. Offline

pomo4ka

Claim will not, maybe I'm wrong, but ... I think the whole point of the operating system. Windows Vista is not a very good choice.

12. Offline

EvilSeph

My apologies, I missed that post somehow.

Start -> type:
    %windir%\system32\msi.dll

Right click the file that shows up -> properties -> Details -> tell me the version.

pomo4ka likes this.
  13. Offline

Stealez

File Version 4.5.6002.18005

14. Offline

EvilSeph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.