Essentials Group Manager Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AllFacesX2, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AllFacesX2

I have everything working.

Problem 1) I just need the class/rank to show by their Nickname. I have Essentials and EssentialsChat, which i'm pretty sure are compatible.
    Problem 2) I have the chat showing what world the person is in, how do i get rid of that, as i said above, my only chat plugins are Essentials and EssentialsChat.

Thanks.

2. Offline

baconsbestman

I do not understand problem 1 but problem 2 is most likely caused by multiverse(if you have it). There is a setting in the config.

3. Offline

AllFacesX2

Thanks. The first problem is that peoples ranks (things like Admin, and Moderator) won't appear before peoples names. My nick on the server is Alex. I want my rank (Owner) to appear before it like so; [Owner] Alex

4. Offline

Rockon999

AllFacesX2

HTML:
    ############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # |                  EssentialsChat                    | #

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
      # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
      # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
      # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
      # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
      radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat
      # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
      # If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
      # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

#format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
      format: '&f[{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
        Traveler: '&f[&7{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Settler: '&f[&2{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Crafter: '&f[&3{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Pro: '&f[&a{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Ace: '&f[&9{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Veteran: '&f[&6{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Mod: '&f[&e{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Admin: '&f[&b{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Manager: '&f[&c{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Owner: '&f[&4{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        default: '&f[&b{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.
    That is how I do it. EssentialsChat doesn't support the {PREFIX} tag, so you have to make a section for each rank and color it yourself :) Format: [group name]: '&f[(groupcolor){GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f: {MESSAGE}

5. Offline

AllFacesX2

Thanks! Do i make a new folder/file for that information? If not how do i install it into the plugin? Or do i add a new file into Group_Manager with my ranks for that information?

6. Offline

Rockon999

AllFacesX2 that is directly from the essentials config... just find the chat section :)

7. Offline

AllFacesX2

Figured it out, Thanks a lot man :)

It should look something like this right? It didn't work.

Code:
    # |                  EssentialsChat                    | #

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
      # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
      # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
      # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
      # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
      # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting 

group-formats:
        Player: '&f[&7{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Member: '&f[&2{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Builder: '&f[&3{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Moderator: '&2[&2{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&2:&2 {MESSAGE}'
        Admin: '&a[&5{GROUP}&c] {DISPLAYNAME}&5:&5 {MESSAGE}'
        Owner: '&b[&b{GROUP}&g] {DISPLAYNAME}&b:&b {MESSAGE}'
        Co-Owner: '&f[&b{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
        Owner: '&f[&4{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  8. Offline

xTrollxDudex

AllFacesX2
    Wrong section, go to bukkit help. What's not working?

9. Offline

Jade

Moved to correct section.
    xTrollxDudex For future reference, rather than just telling them where to go, you should report it and tell the user in the post that a mod will move it shortly. :)

10. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Jade
    To prevent double posts huh ;)

11. Offline

Jade

12. Offline

Necrodoom

13. Offline

AllFacesX2

Alright, sorry. I'm new to the Fourms on Bukkit.

Is this correct? Because it's not working. I'm still looking for help on this subject. Rockon999 if you could try and help me out again i'd be very greatful :)
    # | EssentialsChat | #

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.

group-formats:
    Player: '&f[&7{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
    Member: '&f[&2{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
    Builder: '&f[&3{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'
    Moderator: '&2[&2{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&2:&2 {MESSAGE}'
    Admin: '&a[&5{GROUP}&c] {DISPLAYNAME}&5:&5 {MESSAGE}'
    Owner: '&b[&b{GROUP}&g] {DISPLAYNAME}&b:&b {MESSAGE}'
    Co-Owner: '&f[&b{GROUP}&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&f {MESSAGE}'

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

UltiFix

I think for him to help you correctly you would need to paste your permissions file and your essentials config on pastebin, I know you have your essentials config here but its different on pastebin. It has correct spacing and such wich is lost when you paste it into a forum.

15. Offline

Necrodoom

16. Offline

AllFacesX2

I did use pastebin. I guess not correctly.

What would i do to the settings on it? Should it just be left on the default for everything?

17. Offline

Sweatyyyy

AllFacesX2
    Just copy/paste your perms into the text box In pastebin, click submit and send the link to here.

And for problem no2 if you hasn't fixed it, go into multiverse config and put "prefixchat: false" or something along those lines

Also please don't triple post. Use the edit button

Edit: quadruple post xD

18. Offline

AllFacesX2

19. Offline

Sweatyyyy

20. Offline

AllFacesX2

21. Offline

Sweatyyyy

AllFacesX2
    You did not set any prefixes.
    Change "prefix: '&e' " to something like '&4OWNER'

Also change "build: false" to true on the default group unless you don't want them to build/interact with things

22. Offline

AllFacesX2

Still not working. Did i do it right?
    http://pastebin.com/fKrDSYA6

I fixed the spacing problem with 'Owner' now the commands are working again, but not the [Owner] thing.

23. Offline

Sweatyyyy

AllFacesX2
    Try removing the "-"

If it still doesn't work, post a screenshot of what your chat looks like here

24. Offline

ZeroForce

If you are trying to do it in Essentials config, try to do it in the groupmanager groups.yml instead.

In each group there is something that says "prefix: "
    change that to "prefix: '&4[Owner] '" or something like that.

25. Offline

AllFacesX2

26. Offline

Sweatyyyy

AllFacesX2
    Try removing the Group part from the essentials config (and btw I can't see the picture (idk if it's because I'm on my iPad))

27. Offline

AllFacesX2

What do you mean by that? The group-formats thing?

28. Offline

Necrodoom

paste files essentials config.yml and groupmanager groups.yml, aswell as your startup log using www.pastebin.com. your files are a complete mess so id need these to see whats going on exactly.

Sweatyyyy likes this.
  29. Offline

AllFacesX2

30. Offline

Necrodoom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.