SellMarket+

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by LegendaryStarX, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Offline

LegendaryStarX

(Edited) A new plugin idea for an older request.
    Plugin Category: Miscellaneous?
    Suggested Name(s): SignMarket+
    What I Want:
    A new sell sign plugin that can connect to EssentialsEconomy. Mainly I want a multiplier feature where players with certain permissions can receive more money when selling items.

This plugin would be exactly the same as Essentials signs and override it if possible. If it isn't possible, instead of [Sell], amount, price, item it would just be [Sell], amount, item, price or [EcoSell/Someothername], amount, price, item.

Logic/Ideas of How the Multiplier Would Work (Read Posts For Even More Info):
    In the config you define groups like this:
    'group1':
    multiplier: 1.25

So when a player is given the permission sellmarket.multiplier.group1 they receive a multiplier of 1.25. The default multiplier would be 1.0;

So a player would be paid [moneyspecifiedonsign] * [multiplertheyhave]
    Ideas for Commands: None are really needed.
    Ideas for Permissions: See above
    When I'd Like It By: As soon as possible :)

Old Post (open)
    Old Post (open)

Plugin Category: Miscellaneous
    Suggested Name(s): EssentialsSellSignMultiplierAddon or SellSignMultiplier
    What I Want: This plugin should either be a nice add-on to Essentials at best that allows you to add multipliers to the amount of money you get from sell signs. This would be great for a donator perk.

If it's not possible to create an add-on I guess an entirely new plugin/sell sign system would work but it's be a lot harder. Mainly I am just looking for an add-on to Essentials.

The config file should be like this:

Multipliers:
    #multiplier by name
    - example1: *1.1 #this is the multiplier
    - example 2: *2.3

unless the permissions can just be made into pluginname.multiplier.[any positive number here for the multiplier] #For example: pluginname.multiplier.1.5 would give a *1.5 multiplier to all money you get from sell signs. This would be a multiplier by numbers

Ideas for Commands: It shouldn't really need any commands, maybe it does and I just can't think of any it would need. Maybe a /pluginname reload to reload config files? /pluginname add/delmultiplier #So you can edit config in-game?
    Ideas for Permissions: pluginname.admin - for things like reloading it and adding a multiplier?
    pluginname.multiplier.[multipliername/multipliernumber] #depending on if it would be groups in a config or just numbers in the permission

When I'd Like It By: Hopefully within a few days and when it works. I don't know how hard this would be to make or if you understand what I'm looking for so yeah... basically as soon as possible. Thank you to anyone who makes it.

2. Offline

LegendaryStarX

3. Offline

LegendaryStarX

Would this plugin be possible?

4. Offline

Onlineids

Yep sign interact event and checking if the first line is [Sell]

5. Offline

LegendaryStarX

Could you code this for me. Also about your sig and AdvancedCrates, will it be on BukkitDev? I also need a crate plugin.

6. Offline

Onlineids

Yea it will, kind of busy with the crate plugin so cant sorry, but I'll tell you when I finish AdvancedCrates.
    And I realize now this wont work unless you remake the plugin because how do you know if they actually have the items or not, would just ask for this feature on the essentials page.

7. Offline

LegendaryStarX

Alright.

8. Offline

LegendaryStarX

Maybe there's a workaround for it? And is it allowed for someone to edit the essentials files just to add it? (I am assuming so since all the code is on github) If so, could someone do this to add this feature?

I asked for the feature to be added yesterday and someone said most likely not.

Edit: Still learning Java/Bukkit coding but I thought of a way that this could be implemented. I am not sure if it would work but it's still an idea.

Say receive = amount of money player gets for selling
    And multiplier = the multiplier (default 1.0) (groups can be made in config that you can set the multiplier of)
    For example config:
    group1:
    multiplier: 3.7

so if someone gets the permission essentials(orpluginnamehere).multiplier.group1

then they receive a 3.7 multiplier

otherwise with no special permissions the default multiplier = 1.0

multiplier should maybe go up to two decimal places like 1.25? or the capacities of a double?

But yeah so instead of it paying the player the value of receive it pays the player the value of receive * multiplier

Thank you to anyone who can make this for me.

Hopefully this would work? Or is there a better way? I'm still learning and couldn't understand/was too lazy/didn't have time to look at and completely understand the essentials code.

9. Offline

10. Offline

Onlineids

Essentials api just has there economy , itemdb, warping, teleporting and some exceptions

11. Offline

LegendaryStarX

So could this still be done with those?

12. Offline

Onlineids

Not that I know off

13. Offline

LegendaryStarX

14. Offline

Onlineids

15. Offline

LegendaryStarX

What would be needed to add this then?

I have seen this on another server before... (not sure if I'm allowed to name it)

But if it truly isn't possible I guess I will just create donor blocks which won't be as useful since they are useless once you rankup enough.

New Idea:

If it is not possible to just add it on, is it possible to create an entirely new plugin with just sell signs that support EssentialsEconomy? I'm almost certain that this could be created. It could use Vault or something. Or even do it by when you click on the sign it does /pay [player] [amountlistedonsign]

This would use the exact same sign setup as Essentials and override it or just use a similar one if that can not be done. Or just remove the signs from Essentials and rewrite it? I don't know exactly but I think this could be created still.

16. Offline

Onlineids

Like I said the only way I believe this can be done is through brand new plugin.

17. Offline

LegendaryStarX

Onlineids So you can't just remake the signs part and have it hook into Essentials or something?

18. Offline

Onlineids

It isnt that easy
    You could have some remake the sign part
    and no hooking into essentials

19. Offline

LegendaryStarX

Would I have to use a different economy plugin then? Can Vault or something be used? Or maybe if none other works it could even do /pay [player] [amount] when a player sells an item.

20. Offline

Onlineids

Depends on whoever makes this wants.

21. Offline

LegendaryStarX

I feel like no one looks as this thread anymore since there have been no other replies. Should I make a new one with this new idea?

22. Offline

Onlineids

That would be a double post, so no...

23. Offline

LegendaryStarX

Bump + Updated Post.