Filled Evasion Skill

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xXSilverswordXx, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

Category: Fun
    Name: Evasion Skill

If a player with the EVADE permission (defined below) shifts then jumps, they will leap backwards 3 blocks. Usefull to evade incoming attacks. There is a 1 second cooldown between.
    No Message on leaping back. If you use again in the cooldown, just wait (no "This skill is cooling down" message)

Permission: Player.EvadeUse

As stated, if you do not have the permission you cannot use the evade skill.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

xXSilverswordXx Hard to see when a player jumps though, no events for that.

3. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

really? is there another way to detect it? (maybe Y co-ord changes?)

4. Offline

5. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

can you not detect if a player is climbing a vine / ladder and cancel the event? also with stairs and halfslabs, i could not put them in the map

XgXXSnipz likes this.
  6. Offline

xXSilverswordXx That is way easier said than done, probably will also cause the plugin not to work on half slabs and inverted stairs.
    And please use the tahg or reply button when responding to somebody.

7. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

8. Offline

izarooni

xXSilverswordXx
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    There's a config file to set the velocity. Make it negative to make the player launch backwards or vice versa

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  9. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

izarooni wait you made this allready? wow thanks! im at school so i can test it thisafternoon :D

izarooni what did you use to learn to code? im trying to learn but cant find a good site

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  10. Offline

EgyptianKing

xXSilverswordXx
    If you can, buy a book. If you can't, then learn Java by reading Oracle's java tutorials. Or you can watch thenewboston on YouTube.

11. Offline

izarooni

xXSilverswordXx
    I started off with Codecademy JavaScript tutorials 3 years ago and self-taught myself Java

12. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

very nice

izarooni just tested, this is a link to make a random chest with items spawn.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  13. Offline

izarooni

xXSilverswordXx
    Lol oh whoops. I never remember what I copied last to my clipboard. Check for EvasionSkill in my signature link

14. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

15. Offline

izarooni

xXSilverswordXx
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
    xXSilverswordXx likes this.
  16. Offline

xXSilverswordXx