Explosion resistance and strength?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by RobotGymnast, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RobotGymnast

Are blocks' explosion resistances exposed in the Bukkit API? What about explosion strengths (TNT and creepers and whatnot)? Can they be changed with a sane amount of code?

2. Offline

Nori_Silverrage

3. Offline

Jako

Well currently, I think that would be really hard. I checked it out, and it doesn't seem like any event occurs when a block is damage/removed from an explosion. You might be able to check when an explosion happens, check which blocks will be affected (this would be difficult) and then stop only certain blocks from getting destroyed... It may just be better to suggest to bukkit to add an event when something is destroyed from an explosion. I'll keep poking around though, see if I can't find a way to do this.

4. Offline

Nori_Silverrage

Cool. Thanks! I would be very interested if you could. I seem to recall seeing a single player mod being able to do it, but I realize that that is a completely different setup.

5. Offline

Jako

Yeah, I am going to look into creating custom events, if I could make my own event that occurs when something is damaged on explosions then that would be very easy. I'll let you know what I find!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.