Extremly Simple Points Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tharvoil, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Offline

tharvoil

Donators on my server earn a certain amount of points depending on how much they donate. These points can then be used in-game for items or other rewards. I thought about using two econ systems, but then realized it would not work out well, as many plugins support multiple econ systems, and I suspect those would get screwed up.(We use BOSEconomy as our main econ)

All I'm requesting is a simple plugin that has the following commands:
    /pts list - lists a players points
    /pts add - adds points to a player
    /pts sub - subtracts points from the player
    /pts set - optional, but would set a players points

permissions support for 3.1 as well, as I only want mods+ to access(who don't have op)

Ideally with the /pts list command, it would list more than one player if requested in a page style. Also with the add/sub/set commands, it would be great if they could be used when the player is offline.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can take this up. I don't think it would take too much time.

2. Offline

Wakko

That's simple enough, it's just adding numbers basically.
    Too bad I barely know any Java. :p

3. Offline

tharvoil

So nobody wants to be nice and code a simple plugin for meh =[ /sadface

4. Offline

badbh222

All this plugin needs to do is show points? Nothing to do with economy plugins or anything of the like?

I could do this in 30 mins, brb. :D

5. Offline

tharvoil

16 and counting =p and yea thats all, no need to interface with other plugins at all. I appreciate it a lot=]

6. Offline

badbh222

Oh damn, I am actually on the clock. :p

Won't be too long, the longest part is thinking of the messages to send to the players. :confused:

Ok here it is, I will put this in plugin submissions and write up a proper guide or whatever tomorrow, 5:30am now, I got a bit carried away. :D

Download

Commands and Permissions:
    • /pts - Shows your points
      • 'simplepoints.list.self'
    • /pts <user> - Shows <user>'s points
      • 'simplepoints.list.other'
    • /pts add <amount> - Adds <amount> to your points
      • 'simplepoints.add.self'
    • /pts add <user> <amount> - Adds <amount> to <user>'s points
      • 'simplepoints.add.other'
    • /pts sub <amount> - Subtracts <amount> from your points
      • 'simplepoints.sub.self'
    • /pts sub <user> <amount> - Subtracts <amount> from <user>'s points
      • 'simplepoints.sub.other'
    • /pts set <amount> - Sets your points to <amount>
      • 'simplepoints.set.self'
    • /pts set <user> <amount> - Sets <user>'s points to <amount>
      • 'simplepoints.set.other'

Points are persistent, they are saved to "plugins/SimplePoints/points.dat" when the plugin is disabled, if your server crashes, you will probably lose any of the points you changed in that session.

If you find any bugs (hope not) or want me to add/change something, let me know. :)

What else? Idk, too tired... Goodnight. :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

tharvoil

amazing, thanks alot for doing this

One suggestion, can you make it save to the file every 10 minutes or so? I know my server never gets shut down correctly, so they'll never save. The only time I shut it down is for an update or to restart to fix the lag, other tan that it does crash often enough that it could be an issue

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

badbh222

Ok, easy. :)

Here you go, should save every 10 minutes automatically, and show a line in the server console when it does. :)

Download

9. Offline

tharvoil

awesome, thanks a ton

10. Offline

Kohle

Another great plugin by badbh222. Gonna get this on my server :D