Factions conflicting with any mod imported to bukkit?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Ensidius, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ensidius

Hello!
    Recently I've been taking the time to set up a server with the following mods;

• Essentials
    • Permissions
    • Factions mod
    • Equivalent exchange
    The server is running the "MCPC" version of bukkit, to allow mods ported to bukkit (E.G. Equivalent exchange) to run properly, or more so.. actually run.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I put on a mod ported to bukkit (first attempt was balkons, which gave me the same error as EE is now giving me) The server gets just to the end of initializing and enabling, but as soon as factions is enabled, it brings up a severe error, and disables Factions.

The error is quite long, so I'll put it within a spoiler, but here it is:

Show Spoiler

Code:
    18:26:27 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Factions v1.6.7 (Is it up to dat
    e?)
    java.lang.AssertionError
            at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$EnumTypeAdapter.<init>(Typ
    eAdapters.java:686)
            at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$24.create(TypeAdapters.jav
    a:715)
            at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:353)
            at com.google.gson.internal.bind.CollectionTypeAdapterFactory.create(Col
    lectionTypeAdapterFactory.java:52)
            at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.<init>(R
    eflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:82)
            at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.createBoun
    dField(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:81)
            at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFi
    elds(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:118)
            at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(Ref
    lectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:72)
            at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:754)
            at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:721)
            at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:670)
            at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:642)
            at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.load(Persist.java:141)
            at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.loadOrSaveDefault(Persis
    t.java:84)
            at com.massivecraft.factions.zcore.util.Persist.loadOrSaveDefault(Persis
    t.java:72)
            at com.massivecraft.factions.Conf.load(Conf.java:352)
            at com.massivecraft.factions.P.onEnable(P.java:83)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:336)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:381)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:375)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:362)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:426)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Other info:

• Computer is running Windows 7 home premium x86
    • java version Java Version 1.6.0_31 from Sun Microsystems Inc. x86
    • No wrappers
    • Craftbukkit version 1.2.5 R1.3 MCPC
    • Even with the MCPC version of bukkit, but no mods ported for bukkit, Factions still runs perfectly.
    • I'm running Factions with the EssentialsEco, so one has to buy their land
    • it should be noted the a mod ported to bukkit is not TECHNICALLY a plugin, but instead a mod for the vanilla SMP server client, ported to work with bukkit.
    • I am able to get both equivalent exchange, and Balkons weapon working perfectly by themselves on the MCPC version of bukkit
    Thanks in advanced for any help!

2. Offline

Ensidius

Bump, still no fix...

3. Offline

Ensidius

nother bump... still no fix..

unable to find a fix anywhere... Someones gatta know whats wrong D:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  4. Offline

Ensidius

bump... no.. fix. Come on, someone has to know

5. Offline

Lomsor

Same problem but wrong place ... it's most likely Faction is incompatible with MCPC Forge ...

6. Offline

Ensidius

7. Offline

xmagicx60

The error is only present in the 1.6.x branch. Try the 1.7.x branch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.