Failed to connect to the server, Connection Refused: Connect, problem here.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by corey2550, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

corey2550

I've had experience in hosting a Minecraft Classic server using MCForge but apparently running a Minecraft Beta server has a whole new line of problems. I Googled around the internet to find a proper mod to help me run the new server and I stumbled across Bukkit. After setting up everything I attempt to Log-in the server on my other PC with the correct IP address and Port Forward number and I am given the error as the title says. I use the IP address from whatsmyip.org and when I type it into minecraft it pretty much looks like this 00.000.00.00:25565 I've taken the time to upload pictures to make this as easy as possible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you need anymore information please ask. Also can you tell me if I am missing anything or have done something wrong? Thanks.

2. Offline

Sh8kezula

Are you running a software firewall? If you are it may be blocking Java or your craftbukkit.jar

3. Offline

corey2550

I will check and see if any program is blocking both of these, and add them to the list if I have not, thanks I'll return with results.

I turned off ad-aware and noticed I had Java already in my list of exceptions for the Windows Firewall. It won't give me the option to add craftbukkit.jar or the Launcher in that case. I attempted to log in but I still received the same message.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  4. Offline

ashley

If you type you're ip into the server leave the portnumber out <- tell me if it works

5. Offline

corey2550

Well I got it to work I had to type my IPv4 address in thanks for helping me realize this xD. Server was working after all haha.

So for anyone who reads this if you are having trouble connecting to your server from your hosted PC or another PC in same router connection use your IPv4 to log in the server :D.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  6. Offline

Rwembee

Actually, you need to use your other machines INTERNAL IP address, not the external internet one.
    Many home router/firewall/nat's wont bother with that nonsense of redirecting back inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.